CBC3 LW Week 5: Twin Typhoons vs Storm Worm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 LW Week 5: Twin Typhoons vs Storm Worm

Post by Trihunter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Twin TyphoonsStorm Worm
ImageImage
Speed: 13Speed: 7
Traction: 1 (4 whilst meltying)Traction: 5
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 1Weapon: 5 (3/3/3)
Armour: 8 (+2 to thwack teeth)Armour: 10 (+1 front, including the flipper and small lifter forks)
Storm Worm has declared plows.

And the Gothiq music is...

Okay, this is gonna be tough. Have one Twin spin up in the square, whilst the other dashes out a bit, putting a little distance between the two, before spinning up too. Approach Storm Worm together, and aim for a one-two strike on their body. Ideally we'll strike the chassis itself, but it's more likely they'll stick the plow into us. Damage is still damage, though, so try to strike at the edges of the plow if possible. Try to dodge hazards, and keep spinning as much as possible. If one gets spun down whilst too close to Wormy, have it dash away before it attempts a spin-up, putting the other twin between them. Make it as tough as possible for Storm Worm to confirm any kills via hazards. If a twin's starting to go, it needs to use its ludicrous speed to keep away from the hazards, and the other needs to protect it whilst it tries to get a chance to get back to speed. Obviously, if it's indeed a true kill, just go ham and get in any damage we can before it becomes a double kill.

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Re: CBC3 LW Week 5: Twin Typhoons vs Storm Worm

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Plows. Small hoops on. Start the match with arms lifted directly upwards

Two 13 weapon, 1 speed melties. Nasty little buggers.

Pick one, tank it and flip when safe to do so. Keep a bit of a run from the other while wedging one. The goal is to flip one up and at an angle so it'll be up on it's side on the wall, no wheels touching. Or at least stay up the for a little while to buy me some time to flip the other. Main reason being that they have flat sides on each pod, and they can be wall stranded at a 45° angle on the wall

If they're trying swarm tactics or try stacking in front of each other, drive circles around the swarm until I can take one out and ignore the other. If it is at all possible, try to get them to smash into each other, or have one bounce off the plow and into the other. Avoid giving either of them a cheap shot on my back or the corners of my plow. Just line it up and tank the shot while flipping half the time. Only bring the side arms into play when I have one of them pinned. Bring the arms down to jam the blade in between the gap for their support bar in each pod, and kabob them so I can drag them into a hazard or whatever. Lift them right back up to the upward position if this fails. I know they're cluster bots, but if I can't watch two bots moving at an equivalent of 2mph, then I need to get my eyes checked again. Be careful, but bring out all of teh aggressions.

Good luck