CBC Week 5 LW: Terpsichora vs. Evil Destroyer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC Week 5 LW: Terpsichora vs. Evil Destroyer

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:24 am

TerpsichoraEvil Destroyer
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 1
Traction: 4Traction: 1
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 11Weapon: 15 + 5 turret + 1 lift
Armour: 9 (+2 front wedge)Armour: 7

Using Ken config (thick wedge). Maxi told me he’s using the normal mid-cutter bar.

YO PLAY THIS ON THE ORGAN:

Immediately spin up and rush him, then slow down a bit as I get close. He’ll have time to spin up, but with that slow drivetrain he won’t be able to get that far from the wall.

If he’s got his bar held out in front of him, attack the bar, but at a moderate speed so I have time to react if he suddenly swings it off to the side. If he does this turn to hit the bar.

If he’s holding his bar off to the side, it’s almost guaranteed bait. Fake going straight for his chassis, then turn towards his bar and attack it since he’ll probably swing it towards me. If he goes all the way around to the other side I should have time to swerve back into his chassis and hit it.

If he has his turret raised, he’s probably planning to bring it down and go for a wheel or weapon support snipe. Stop just outside his range, then dart in at an angle where I’m directly below the turret. His lift mechanism’s slow and he’ll have to have it HIGH to clear my blade, so I should be able to hit either his bar, his arm, or his chassis.

He can’t lower his bar enough to not get uppercut by my discs. I can’t damage it directly, but I want to toss him in the air and destabilize him, hit his bar to slow it down, flip him over, etc, and keep going for followups on either his chassis, his turret arm (no weapon armor on that!), or his srimech pole. 4 corner damage will KO eventually, and he can’t spin up if he’s getting tipped all over the place and hitting the ground. Only back off to spin up and try to push him into the wall first. I can take a few full-speed hits but I don’t want to give him chances to get to full speed. Try to keep him trapped near the walls: even if I can’t smother him I might knock his bar into them.

Don’t drive into hazards. If I can get him in the Gargoyles I could spin up and he’d likely hit his bar on the floor when he lands, giving me a free hit, but don’t rely on this.

Good Luck Etc.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC Week 5 LW: Terpsichora vs. Evil Destroyer

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:03 pm

His damage is 0 to bar/ 4 anywhere else while mine is 4 drum AND wedge/ 8 anywhere else
Surprisingly, i can afford getting hit on the chasis a few times.
His weapon mounts:
  • Clearly aren't part of the wedge.
  • Remain the same between configs.
  • Are never stated to be part of the front armor bonus.
Thus, the drum mounts have in fact 7 armor, meaning that a hit there is basically guaranteed to break them(Even if they had 11 armor, repeated hits whould break them anyways).
Breaking only one of them is very likely to disable his weapon, breaking both will make the drum fly away for sure.

With that out of the way lets say that i spin my bar clockwise.
At the start i will raise up my turret so my blade goes above terp's chasis but not too higher than that, i want my bar at the same height that his drum mounts, the mounts are tall enough that i can eyeball this.

Come out a bit to clear some space from the wall, i might need it. Meanwhile HFL will drive at me and i will keep my spinner facing Terp until he gets close, then i will turn the turret clockwise leaving a window to Terp to reach my chasis.
If he goes for it, when it's about to enter the turret's range i will smack him with it, throwing him away and probably breaking a drum mount.
BUT if he goes for the spinner i will keep it away with the turret, not too far away but constantly moving it so he can't reach it, his average drive train will make this easier. Him reaching my bar isn't a bad deal but what i want to happen is that HFL changes his mind and turns to hit my chasis, at the slightest hint of this happening i will proceed to turn the turret in the other direction, hitting him you know where.
It doesn't matter that it takes a few hits, i want that drum dead and will keep doing the strat from above.
Once the drum dies, ideally i will let him push me in my chasis (with 1 torque) so i can easily hit him on the side.

And of course, try to avoid the hazards, watch out for HFL countering my plan, obligatory avoid making mistakes.
GL HF, Hail Hydra.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53