Dreadnought MK4 VS Chimera

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Dreadnought MK4 VS Chimera

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Hinged Forks.
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (Low pressure front-hinged Flipper)
Armour: 11

Chimera
Speed: 8
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 5 (Four-bar Lifting Arm with Alt Forks)
Armour: 9 (+1 for top lid, does not include weapon)

Powerful lifter, strong defence from the hinged wedges/armoured top, and it's faster. However, the gap isn’t too significant; I'm fast enough to keep up and have greater torque/acceleration. Due to the lower traction, his more cumbersome 8-wheel drive and lack of side wedges around his front end/weapon, he’s also vulnerable to angling-in; though he can both self-right and run inverted, it'll be difficult with a four-bar lifter, he can't attack, and his own forks raiise his front four/six wheels off the ground and significantly slow him down.

Move out quickly, watch where he approaches from and who gets under who, and attack the sides/corners whilst avoiding any nearby hazards. If it's me, great; force my way right under, copy his movements if he tries driving over or off the side, and flip him before he can do so. If it's him, don’t panic; reverse J-turn away before he can lift, then counter-attack from the side/behind as he passes. If it’s just the side and not the lifter, try monster-trucking as well. Whatever I do, don’t let him flip me!

Be aggressive and press the advantage as much as possible. Keep underneath and him upside-down constantly, copy his movements to keep him from driving off/over, and with my acceleration advantage, actively stop him from self-righting by ramming/catching him on my flipper and popping him back over. Use the Chopper Rows/Hacksaws on him when inverted; his top armour is protected, but his baseplate and wedges aren’t! Besides that, squash him into the walls/corners, chase him down and block his escape routes, and use the other things depending on if the switches are active. If not, go for an OOTA flip if possible. If they are, (if I can activate them myself, do so by all means but only if I'm not in any immediate danger and from the sides only so I don’t get stuck), try to get him into the pit, but be careful; watch for sudden movements, and lob him in a safe distance from the edge!

Defence mostly means using good common sense, keeping the front to him and not attacking head-on if possible, and watching for if he gets under. Reverse/J-turn away immediately if so, and if flipped, self-right immediately and escape before resuming. Keep a good distance from hazards/house bots when I'm not using them myself; especially the Murdersaw and Pit when they're active.

Good luck!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Dreadnought MK4 VS Chimera

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:22 pm

DOING THIS: https://i.imgur.com/5utnPeN.jpg (alt forks)

He said he’d be using the hinged wedgelets. IDK why they’re hinged – he’s negating the 2WD wedge advantage he would otherwise have, and they’re also spaced out in such a way that my much longer forks should fit between them. I’m using my alt vert forks here because they’re better for trying to actually push someone around – more surface area, and I can potentially get him hooked on the tops of them, which is useful in an arena where I generally want to be driving him INTO things, not flipping willy nilly.

Also relevant: chimera has an onboard compressor, so I don’t run out of flips (but can’t really chain flips that effectively since I can only hold enough power for like, 3-4 good ones at max and recompression isn’t instant – it also doesn’t take 5000 years)

General plan is to be somewhat aggressive and drive/flip him into OTK hazards like the pit or murdersaw or whatever – I’ll take whatever I can get though obviously (this includes flipping him if he looks like he’s gonna escape my wedge – getting him inverted is good for me since he can’t drive upside down and it lets me set up a free flip). Force head-on engagements whenever possible: with his wedge setup he pretty much has to angle in on my red wedge to actually... do things. I have more speed, so he’ll find this near impossible if I don’t overextend like a dumbass. If I’m ever able to trap him in one of the points of the U, I can and should try to camp the choke points, and force him to either go head-to-head with me or go over the log rollers and open himself up to me. Only camp it for like, 5-10 seconds tho, then engage with him anyway.

Be wary of him thinking he’s smart and trying to bait me into things. It’s GF with a flipper in an area full of hazards. He thinks he’s in his wheelhouse, so wait until he does something “clever” and then punish him for trying to out-drive a bot with near equal drivetrain, a better wedge, and a better flipper. If he’s camping, only engage if I can ensure a safe engagement and a safe retreat. If I can punish him to all hell.

Do not activate the murdersaw. Do flip him into it if he does.

GL