Equisde vs. Final Boss

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Equisde vs. Final Boss

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 am

-Well now this is unusual. He's got a lot of speed, but that could be more of a hindrance than help in the more cramped and unconventionally shaped Woodshed arena. Also his armor is slightly more durable than your average piece of Styrofoam packing, so a good hit from a hazard would be disastrous and he'd even be taking damage from any flips I land on him.

-So I'll head out from my square and then camp out near the bend to the main arena. From there get a feel as to how he's moving around. Realistically trying to do 90 turns at crazy high speed isn't very smooth, so if I can lure him over to my area I have a good chance at catching him somewhat off balance, getting under him, and then going for a quick flip.

-Getting him upside down would be a big help. He can probably self-right, but with 1 weapon power on a SHW it'll be a laborious process at best and that'll give me more time to try and push/aim him to the murdersaw. If I can flip/push him on to that, realistically it's game over for him. I'll use any hazard in the vicinity to my advantage though, as even the chopper axes would be very painful for him.

-Try to keep away from hazards myself and try to avoid getting backed up to the housebot zone. Use chain flipping to try and control him if I can until I can get him to a hazard

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Equisde vs. Final Boss

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Base config plz.
I am significantly faster and maneuverable but that flipper will actually damage me decently so it's to be avoided and the hazard shitfest that is this arena can fuck me over.

Move around all the time in an unpredictable way if posible, go around him, attack from the corners, sides, back if the opportunity pops up, anywhere but straight from the front. He has hinged wedges around the entire bot so press the lifter right before contact if possible. Never let him get to me with his front and if he does it anyways run away ASAP.
Don't ram at him or ram him into stuff, but i do want to push him into all the hazards, use him as an extension to press the buttons, move him around the arena. Anything to gain time, pin him (if i can leave him at a weird angle against a wall better), matador him or whatever the spanish bull fighter move it's called, again be erratic and move around him and use my strafing bs.

Don't drive myself into the hazards, don't do it.

If he flips me use my lifter to self right and the run away ASAP to stop him from comboing me. If he still manages to flip me twice in a row keep the lifter up to speed up the self-righting process.

Did i mention that i want to push(not ram) him into the hazards while not doing it to myself?
GL HF IDK what else to say.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53