Jackal VS Vortex 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Jackal VS Vortex 3

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Anti-Vert Config.

STAT COMPARISON
Vortex 3
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 7 (Lifter: 5 / Drum: 5)
Armour: 10 (+1 front wedge)

Jackal 2
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Armour: 12
Weapon: 3 (Bi-Rotational Electric Lifting Scoop with Anti-Vert Jackal Head and dedicated Hammer Setup.)

Vortex has good protection at the front, that four-bar drum that he can practically spin up and deploy whenever he wants, and has the unique screw propulsion system to move/strafe in multiple directions with. However, his drive setup and lower torque means I'll accelerate over twice as fast as him, his weapon has lower power and can potentially be completely walled by my setup (pressing lower than the limited-ranged hinge wedge, while the head stops his driscs and the top bar attacks his softer body), and his low ground clearance will work against him badly in the resulting shoving matches.

Move out quickly through the doors, watch which direction he comes at me from and cut him off accordingly; pressing down the wedge and forcing my way under from the sides/corners. If it's more head-on, aim the head to go over the radius of his spinner arm to stop it working. Watch for any sudden movements or him flipping out the arm!

However I do it though, aggression all the way once I have him! Force him into and squash him against the walls to wear down the clock, make use of the arena hazards and my top bar -- hammering him with the axes to score lots of aggression points when the spinner is not going, or to get a more solid grip on him with the clamp mode -- and generally keep him from manoeuvring or escaping. If I've softened him up enoug and captured him firmly, try forcing him deep into the CPZes so that I can either deliver him to the house robots or drop him down the Disposal Chute to finish him. Chase him down if he runs, keep underneath and shoving, and cut off any his escape routes!

Defence mostly involves good common sense and preventing him from flipping or damaging me. Keep the front facing him and press as I approach, line up the head to stop the arm if we go head-on, and don't swing the bar into the path of the driscs/Lobotimisers. Always have an escape route ready if I use the house robots, move away before self-righting if flipped (remember that I can self-right with both the front/back swing), and just generally keep him near the walls/hazards, under constant pressure, and especially his movement limited.

Good luck!