CBC3 LW: Tidal Wave II vs Blood Eagle

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

CBC3 LW: Tidal Wave II vs Blood Eagle

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Tidal Wave IIBlood Eagle
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 4
Traction: 4Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 14Weapon: 16
Armour: 6Armour: 7
-------------------------

Oof this is another rough sell. I do have a speed/control advantage, so lets use that to tip this in my favour.

I'm going to spin up and wait for the doors from my square to open, pushing them open myself would possibly slow down my drum and I need it at top speed as fast as possible. Once the doors open, speed out and try my best to go against the direction of Blood Eagle's blade. Since it can only spin one way, I know which way to go around, and considering the size of that thing theres gonna be hella gyro forces.
Keep a decent distance and wide circle around to the best of my abilities to get behind them. If somehow they approach me as I'm still circling, quickly turn and reverse to bring the drum down from gyrodancing. Either my shield is going to absorb the blow and throw both bots apart or my drum is gonna catch their blade and someones going flying. I just gotta hope my drum hits and again, its a tough sell. If I get to their rear however, take a nice bite outta that ass, or if I can't get all the way around, at least the wheels.
Try my best to avoid the corner hazards, and I'm not planning to go anywhere near the pits so they shouldn't be relevant in this match.

GLGL, this should be a pretty destructive match
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC3 LW: Tidal Wave II vs Blood Eagle

Post by Madman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Blood Eagle: 4 speed / 2 traction / 1 torque / 16 weapon / 7 armour

Tidal Wave 2: 5 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 14 weapon / 6 armour

There are two essential stats here: I could potentially OHKO him weapon to weapon, and his small (7 to 6) speed advantage isn't enough to offset the insane range of my weapon. Even if I oversteer a bit (which I'll obv. try to minimize), he's still very unlikely to get all of the way around and get a clean hit. Long story short, I have some room for error. He hits my weapon at all and he's taking catastrophic damage, so he's got a lot less.

The start of the match is the most dangerous part, followed by getting flipped into the house robots or pit. He realistically has one shot at it weapon to weapon, maybe two. I'm not doing some passive bullshit here. Immediately bust through those doors and spin up the millisecond that I'm out. If he's charging me, go evasive until I spin up, but don't drive like an elderly Asian woman who can't see over her dashboard. Keep my weapon facing him if he's even remotely close. If he hangs back and waits, then take the offensive. Rush him. If he turtles behind the doors, obviously don't go so close that they'll hit me if he pushes them open. Just give myself room to recover from the colossal recoil that we're going to face, while tossing him back into whichever house robot is patrolling in his zone.

In general, just defeat flanking attempts by turning on the spot. Watch for him trying to take advantage of my weapon torque, but he's going to experience a lot of wheel lift from his gyroscopic effects while trying to flank me, so I have some wiggle/escape room. If he's in a position where he's leaving his side exposed trying to flank, charge in and take the shot. He still has to react, he's going to be wheel lifting like a mofo, and killing a wheelguard is still damage. After hits, he doesn't have the speed to smother me anyways. Drive smart, avoid house robots and hazards, etc.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49