Psychosis vs. I Suck at Names - CBC3 Week 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Psychosis vs. I Suck at Names - CBC3 Week 3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:58 pm

PsychosisI Suck at Names
ImageImage
Speed: 6Speed: 4
Traction: 5Traction: 3(+1)
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 14 (12 spinner / 2 lifter)Weapon: 16 (15 Spinner / 1 Lifter)
Armour: 4Armour: 6
N/AMain config
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Psychosis vs. I Suck at Names - CBC3 Week 3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:37 pm

OK so he is faster and his weapon can do real damage if it hits my chasis BUT not much against my own weapon. And i got 15 weapon while his most armored part has only 8 so if i get to full power and land a hit i might as well win right there. Also a full power hit will do like 5 shock damage.
Start facing with the no wedge side(shown in picture above) and spin upward. Go to the main part of the arena and wait there spinning up while always facing him.
He has to move up his lifter to use the spinner, so if he for some reason keeps it down i can move my own lifter up to give me more time to reach full power and then bring it down to attack.
But chances are that he wont do that and so he can use the spinner. Then i will take a more defensive approach and move away while facing him to gain more time to spin up, always keeping my lifter down. If he reaches me before full speed attack anyways, i will do significantly more damage than him.
After each hit no matter what i will quickly adjust back to facing him with the no wedge side while spinning up, either waiting for him or reversing away always facing him. It shouldn't take long for his spinner to fail.
Once his spinner breaks i can transition into the strat of keeping my lifter up, thus away, for it to fully spin up and i can also be more aggressive.
If he starts getting counted out i will spin up to full power and hit his chasis for 11 damage, just because of pure evil :V
Should my own spinner fail for some reason turn around and turn into shitty wedgebot mode, i should at least have a better wedge.
Play in a more defensive fashion, don't drive like an idiot, and watch out getting fooled into driving to the hazards/houserobots.
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Psychosis vs. I Suck at Names - CBC3 Week 3

Post by attackfrog » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Hello, very exposed-looking weapon belt. It's nice to meet you. Please allow me to introduce you to my friend Psychosis. It's very eager to make your acquaintance.

Getting these two soon-to-be best friends together will be a little tricky, I admit. I've got to avoid the giant spinning bar, first. But I've got the advantage there of a faster drivetrain, and ISAN is going to be hindered by pretty ridiculous amounts of gyroscopic reactive forces any time it tries to turn with its weapon spinning, no matter what position its weapon is in. Given how high up the spinner is, it might even fall over if it's not careful. It can self-right, but I'll get in some good hits while it does so.

I'll push through the doors at the start and then get my weapon spinning and raised up relatively high, such that it's closer to parallel with the ground and doesn't hinder me much as I turn. If ISAN is late getting through the doors, I'll be waiting for it by the door on the side where its weapon belt is exposed. If that's not viable, I'm just going to have to use my speed advantage to the fullest to get around that spinning bar. ISAN will have trouble turning, as I mentioned, so this will hopefully be doable. If I can't take out the weapon belt for whatever reason, I'll go for the tracks instead: they're pretty exposed too. With luck I'll be able to disable either the weapon or part of the drive, and snowball from there. Without luck, well... RIP Psychosis I guess.

If ISAN corner camps it's going to have hazard problems. If it camps by the wall I'll have to try to bait it out, I guess. It's still pretty long though, so I may still have a chance at getting to its sides there, taking everything else into account. It'll just require more caution on my part.

Good luck YSMQTHLQYH!