CBC3 LW Week 3: Twin Typhoons vs Eudial II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 LW Week 3: Twin Typhoons vs Eudial II

Post by Trihunter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Twin TyphoonsEudial II
ImageImage
Speed: 13Speed: 4
Traction: 1Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 1Weapon: 15
Armour: 8 (+2 to thwack teeth)Armour: 7 (+1 bar)
Oh boy. Barge through the gates, and spin up as soon as we're through them. As usual, try to keep both spinning as much as possible, so stay away from the walls and hazard when at speed. Try to do the one-two punch thing with the duo, having one close in for a second shot whilst Eudial recoils from a hit from another. The primary challenge here is getting to hit them whilst they're down. As soon as that blade of Eudial's isn't spinning, either from recoil or smacking a wall, close in ASAP and get hits in, maybe see if we can get them into the hazards with a quick rush if none out of the trio are spinning. Overall, just need to try our best to get in strong hits where possible, avoid counterattacks when spun down by running away at speed, and just try to utilise the double spinners as best as possible.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Re: CBC3 LW Week 3: Twin Typhoons vs Eudial II

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Ugh.

Well the good news is that I heavily outspeed them when they're spinning even as I am, so it's not like they can immediately get a cheeky hit on me if I hit one of them. Speaking of which, I'm going to be hitting a bot half my size, so the recoil for me isn't going to be as bad as usual. It'll still be funky since I have 3 traction, but the twins have 1 traction (I think? CBC rules don't say anything about translational movement) so they're gonna go flying much worse than me. Also keep in mind I have 10 weapon armour and 15 weapon to their... 10 weapon armour and 13 weapon, if I'm understanding it right? I will outhit them every time, and will probably rip teeth off instantly. Have fun spinning up after that.

Start the match spun down so I can get through the doors without hassle, then spin up. It'll be interesting to see how the Typhoons handle the door; not only are they smaller and there's two of them, but keep in mind that to reliably get through the door they're going to have to not spin up so as not to hit the door or each other, and they'e going to have to do this with... 13 speed and 1 traction? Hooray for control issues. I'll probably get through the door first unless they somehow maintain enough control to get through the door. After that, go for the cheap shot and smack one before the other gets out the door. Failing that...

Main tactics: use my superior speed (and control, if one decides to drive 'normally') to keep one between me and the other, and basically try to hit one into the other. At least if I fail at that, I'll send myself away from the one trying to attack, and can spin up safely before it can hit me. Stay in and control the middle of the arena, and don't let those cheeky guys get it. Also, AVOOOIIIID pincer tactics. If I have to run away to avoid that, do it. And house robots. Avoid those too. In fact, avoid any hazards, mobile or otherwise. Except the bot(s) I'm fighting. :V

Good luck and may the best bot win.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux