CBC LW Week 3: The Gnasher vs. Killjoy 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

CBC LW Week 3: The Gnasher vs. Killjoy 3

Post by attackfrog » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Robot NameStatsEntry Post
The GnasherStats: 6 Speed / 5 Traction / 1 Torque / 11 Weapon / 8 Armor (+1 to the green wheel shields)viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773&start=15#p70769
Killjoy 3Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 (Saw: 6 / Lifter: 6) / Armour: 9viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773#p70754

So lil' gnashy is equally speedy to Killjoy, and it's even a little better controlled. It can also do a bit of damage to those wedgy pontoons on Killjoy's sides. So uh... that's my strat.

Spin up, push through the doors, and circle around like this is a martial arts anime until I find an opening to get one of Gnasher's forks under Killjoy's side and whack it with the gnashing teeth. If that really isn't working, I'll just YOLO it up and drive up the side of Killjoy's wedge, trying to take some chunks out of the tops of its tires. I don't want to be going head on in either case: even when I'm driving up Killjoy's side, I want one side of my robot to remain on the ground so I can ideally escape after it tries to grab me.

I'll keep on the attack and away from the hazards and hope to deal enough damage to Killjoy by the end of the match that it looks like I'm the winner.

Good luck Noisey!

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: CBC LW Week 3: The Gnasher vs. Killjoy 3

Post by Noisy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:12 pm

Hinged forks v powered lifter means I should be able to get under him most of the time and avoid his beater bar. Our drivetrains are quite similar barring +/- 1 torque and traction. I'm quite well protected from his weapon with him only being able to do +2 damage but my wedge shape is going to prove difficult for him to get proper bite. He has some nice, chunky wheels for me to get my saw into and with only 8 armour on the top of his bot, I can do good damage if i can get a hold of him.

At the start, raise my lifting forks to get through the door and so I don't get wedged under it. Then lower the forks and get under him. Lift him up just before he drives up my wedge so I can flip him over and then grab down with the saw onto his back. If I get a good grab, lift him up and continue sawing. If not, push him into a house robot or the saws and try to re-position or lift him into a good grab. Keep doing this for the rest of the fight, aiming for his wheels or top/bottom armour. Never lower the saw into his beater bar and avoid the hazards.