CBC3 MW Week 3: JEVIL vs Carbonemys II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 MW Week 3: JEVIL vs Carbonemys II

Post by Trihunter » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:30 am

JEVILCarbonemys II
ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 4
Traction: 8Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 0Weapon: 15+1
Armour: 12Armour: 9 (+1 plow or +1 weapon)
Yeah, this is likely JEVIL's worst matchup of the whole event, but we can do this. Nudge through the doors to the main arena if we can, and try to dodge around the slower Carbonemys as best as possible. Keep aggression up, and try to force them to attack us broadside if they get a chance at all. The wheels are borderline immune to hammers due to their design, and even feature ablative sacrificial rims in case the damage is too much. Attack the top and sides with the knife if we get a clean chance, see if we can hook it in the hammer slot and pull them around (or even side-strand them), or tuck the knife into the curved, not-so-flush bits of the treads and pop one. Utilise our superior drive and the comparative precision needed for a hammer to keep dodging strikes, or blocking with the ablative wheels and Wobblerium. Focus on using careful positioning, and well planned hooking thwack strikes in order to hopefully get a KO, or at least pressure them around. Try to avoid hazards, though. Don't really bother with stuff outside of the main area; it's too much of a hassle to get there.

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: CBC3 MW Week 3: JEVIL vs Carbonemys II

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:22 am

Carbonemys: 4 speed / 1+1 traction / 1 torque / 15+1 weapon / 9 armour (+1 plow)

vs.

JEVIL: 9 speed / 8 traction / 1 torque / 0 weapon / 12 armour

Alright, so he can’t actually damage me per the stats – well, he can put some scratches and small dents in my armour – but, importantly, he isn’t quite able to mess up my tracks. The hazards and house robots are the only real dangers, and he has no viable means of getting me there. His vertically mounted thwack could potentially catch the tops of my front shields or light assemblies, but it doesn’t have the reach to get as far as my hammer mounting and, when he hooks me, we have even torque, my tracks put a lot more real estate on the ground, and we’re actually stuck together with nothing stopping me from maneuvering a bit while hooked. That actually makes it easier to line up a shot on him. If this situation ever becomes disadvantageous, then I can fire my 15+1 power hammer to jostle free.

So, what’s the plan? Come out like gangbusters and fire like a turtle possessed. I do four damage anywhere that I hit him and, being a thwack, he has to stop at least momentarily in order to mount any offense, meaning that he doesn’t make the most of his seemingly significant 11-6 speed advantage and it’s harder for him to show aggression. If this goes to a judges’ decision, I’ll be the one pushing forward, using his weapon aggressively, and forcing his opponent to work around him. The slow bot doesn’t automatically lose that category.

His wheels look like the big UHMW type that Gabriel uses but, per his signup, they’re not. Yup, I can buckle or generally mess them up too. TBH, even just applying that much vertical impact to his chassis could snap one off or at least bend an axle.

As a general rule, self-right, drive smart, and stay away from the hazards and house robots. I do enough damage that I shouldn’t need them. If I’m having absolutely no luck hitting him, then do as turtles do and turtle near a bonesaw corner, with the hazard cutting off 90 degrees of his approach and the wall behind cutting off the other 180. With only a quarter of the approach angles left, he should be a much easier target. I don’t think that’ll be necessary, though, since I can damage him anywhere, he has to stop to thwack, and he has no way of controlling me.

Good luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!