Black Mamba VS Triple Six

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Black Mamba VS Triple Six

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Triple Six has a mean flipper, so I'll have to fight strategically to avoid getting thrown overboard. However, she's susceptible to misfiring and tipping over forward with her flipper, only as fast as I am whilst I can push/accelerate twice as effectively, and cannot press her wedge down whilst I can; giving me the upper hand in terms of keeping control of the fight. Likewise, if I am flipped, I can still drive around just fine whilst self-righting; so even then I have options to fall back on.

Keeping that in mind, I'll want to be both strategic and aggressive. Move out quickly, press down the lifter as I approach, and aim for the corners/sides of the wedge as I do. Force my way under with the forks and lift her over before she can drive off; copying her movements if she attempts it. Push/stay behind her when she's flipped, raising the arm to stop her from self-righting or at least catch her on it. Mix it up occasionally by feinting such an approach and then immediately reversing away right before she fires, then attacking as she retracts. Only do this well away from the wall!

When attacking, keep pressing the advantage. Stay underneath, keep her flipped as much as possible, and take full advantage of her limited gas supply and slower self-righting. Chase her down if she runs away, squash her into the walls/hazards to wear down the clock, and try to stunlock her (her flipped front against wall > me just in her self-righting path with arm slightly up > she self rights but has nowhere to drive away > catch on wedge/forks and put her back over > repeat) to force her to waste gas on repeated self-righting attempts. If I wear her down to the point of losing her ability to OOTA, try hooking onto the piston/underside of the flipper whilst she's retracting and then carrying her up off the ground!

Most importantly, constantly watch what she does and be ready to react accordingly. If she tries monster-trucking or using a more powerful self-right to jump over me, raise the arm and REVERSE. Press down as I approach, attack from the sides/corners, and keep away from the walls/hazards unless I'm using them myself. If I'm flipped, escape and put a safe distance between us first before self-righting!

Good luck.

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Black Mamba VS Triple Six

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 pm

BM:

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Armour: 11
Weapon: 4 (Electric Lifting Arm with attached rack-and-pinion forks for extra stability.)

T6:

SPD-6 // TRA-5 // TOR-2 // WPN-7 // ARM-10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are matched for speed/traction, but BM has FOUR torque (OK, that’s insane). I need to use the arena here to score an OOTA with my powerful weapon. How powerful? Well, I can OOTA with the outer walls still up-that’s how powerful. Key thing is don’t let BM push me around. This may not be a flipper, but if this fight progresses beyond the 2:00 mark, he could push me right out of the arena.

So, I’m going to try and get this over with before it reaches that point. Do my best to get BM over to the outer wall and flip him OOTA (hey, isn’t there some special award or something for doing so, too?). Of course, I may be making this sound way too easy to accomplish, but I’m sure going to try, damnit! Now, this arena is also riddled with hazards-mainly the mini-IEDs. Simply getting BM to the walls will not be that easy with those hazards-and with 64 of them! Likewise, BM will have quite the task of pushing me towards the outer walls, as well. His torque is his biggest advantage, but I will do my damndest to turn off of his lifter (I have 4WD with rear wheels extending out the back), so I should still have some sort of purchase to attempt to free myself. I can also pop the flipper, but only if I have no other way of freeing myself.

Also noticing this ‘rack and pinion puncher mechanism’ I see it as an opportunity to catch that with my flipper and, with excellent timing, I can catch that and send BM flying. And, from his entry post, this will fire when the lifter activates and is run on the same motor. In that case, I won’t even drive fully up to BM, I’ll stop just short and try to catch the protruding forks with my flipper.

The above strat is a bit ‘shot in the dark’, and if all else fails, I’ll just take BM head-on and flip him as much as possible while avoiding hazards/outer walls.

GL Alex!