CBC3 Week 2 -Space Cadet V.S. Santangelo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

CBC3 Week 2 -Space Cadet V.S. Santangelo

Post by winternimbus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Keep on top of them as much as I can--tricky considering their speed advantage over me, but I don't think they'll be able to toss me around very far. (famous last words by sylandrophol, some dumbass she/they femme enby)

Noneoftheless, keep my distance from the hazards and the walls, stay near the center of the arena, and try to toss them towards the walls ASAP if they get on my flipper, or towards the direct middle of the arena. (or house robots, if there is any.) Keep my front facing towards them as much as i can, try to go towards their sides or back, and see if they try to turn around and face me, and watch for any other monkey business akin to that. J-Hook ASAP if i get wedged, and go back in for the kill.

Leave no wiggle room for them as much as I can.

Good luck!

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC3 Week 2 -Space Cadet V.S. Santangelo

Post by Madman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Santangelo: 8 speed / 7 traction / 2 torque / 1 weapon / 12 armour

Space Cadet: 7 speed / 6 traction / 3 torque / 2 weapon / 12 armour (+1 wedges)

I'm faster and have the better wedge. Their flipper's a bit stronger, but it's Bronco-style while mine is Britflipper style and has a longer stroke. Regardless, neither is going to be doing much except turning the other gently over and both of us can self-right. Also of note is that their hinged wedges are on downwards limiters but not upwards. When I get under them there's nothing to stop me from just flicking those up and over top of the bot, rendering it wedgeless except for its flipper (at least until their whole bot gets flipped).

Basically, outdrive SC, flip it over, hook away when I'm wedged, and self-right if necessary. Given that I have the better drivetrain and wedge, the flow of the fight should be in my favour. Stay aggressive AF and flip whenever I'm under, not giving them the time to hook away. Whether they're flipped or just flicked up, their traction will be broken or partially broken, so follow up immediately. Try to flip SC onto the floor spinners to confuse its driving and give me more free shots. When the walls go down, be on the right side of the equation, with SC between myself and the edge. Bully and flick it back with the goal of getting it over the edge, but don't take any undue risks and win this the old-fashioned way if I have to.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49