CBC HW Week 2: Golden Blaze vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC HW Week 2: Golden Blaze vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

Post by Rocket » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Golden Blaze (4WD overhead bar spinner)
Speed: 5 | Traction: 2 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 15 | Armour: 7 | Fixed Wedge

Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One (4WD omnidirectional assault spatula)
Speed: 6 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 7 (5 turret / 5 lifter) | Armour: 10 (+2 plough) | Plough: Type 3b Toothed ABR Wedge

Golden Blaze is the machine Tabor was built to fight, and we're not going to give up a chance for points on the board in a division like this one. I outspeed my opponent, I outdrive my opponent, and perhaps most importantly, his weapon might as well be a pea shooter against my wedge. Let's start this competition as we mean to go on!

When the battle starts, it's box-rush o'clock, taking the most direct route to GB that doesn't involve falling afoul of the arena hazards. Take the first hit and stay on him like glue. If I can get the blade stopped, get under him and turn him over. If I can't, well, ram him around the arena until I can. I can't see a way for GB to self-right without the blade turning, and I'm reasonably confident that the chassis will just spin around uselessly if he's upside down and beached on the bar. If he does somehow manage to self-right, just keep bullying the poor thing.

If it isn't counted out by the time the walls, it's time to just shove him off the edge of the map, waiting for the Micro-IEDs to drop before shoving him again and again. I'll get him out eventually, and even if I don't, some minor nicks and scratches on the wedge won't be enough to swing a judges' decision.

Bonne chance, Mystic, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: CBC HW Week 2: Golden Blaze vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:58 pm

oh look it's a big fuck off 360° plow, considering i'm a giant overhead, there's really not much of a elaborate strat to do, just stay near the center (well besides the IED), make sure the weapon stays at full tilt and hit him wherever you can