CBC3 HW Week 2: Trashman vs Long Arm of the Law

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC3 HW Week 2: Trashman vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Nighthawk87 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Trashman
Speed: 7 Traction: 5 (+1 treads) Torque: 3 Weapon: 2 (1 forklift, 1 clamp, 1 hungry hippo extender, 1 flamethrower) Armor: 11 (+2 to plow)

Trash Cans (x2)
Speed: 1 Traction: 1 Torque: 1 Weapon: 0 Armor: 1

Long Arm of the Law

Speed: 6 Traction: 4 (+1 treads) Torque: 4 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

First order of business will be to overturn the Trashman, but also keeping in mind to lookout for the Trash Cans so we're not blindsighted. Then once the Trashman is self-righting, which will probably take a bit, we'll turn our attention to the cans. With the cans we'll either turn them over or take 'em to the mini-ieds, whichever one appears closer. After the cans are gone we'll be able to give our full attention to the Trashman and work on overturning him again. Once he's over the second (or third) time we'll stay all over him as he tries to self-right, pushing him around the arena but also take care to not accidentally turn him back over or violate the pinning rules. If it looks like he's stuck in a position where he can't self-right we'll just leave him, no sense in keeping the match going at that point.

And lo, the strategy is done. Good luck V900!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC3 HW Week 2: Trashman vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:51 pm

I'm faster, so I want to play aggressive.

Have the trashcans move away from me at the start of the match and just kinda exist within a 10ft radius of me. I don't think he'll box rush the trash cans, but if he does, that's a good opportunity to strike from behind. Otherwise, go for as many head-on collisions as I can. Get that extendo-arm in position to clamp (i.e. have it above/in front of the bot rather than behind it like in the pic)

I have a 2WD flat wedge while he's got hinged flat wedges. For every one wedge war he wins, I'll be winning at least two. Once I get under, get lifting as soon as I can. Whoever's writing this is probably gonna make some mildly humorous comparison between my lifter and the walking speed of a tortoise, so I'm gonna just lift it as quick as possible. If i pick him up, I drive around for 25 seconds and dump him into one of the trash cans at the last moment. I wait until he's about to escape/another 25 seconds, pick him up again, rinse and repeat until all the trashcans are broken. Otherwise just throw him on the IED or whatever.

If I get wedged, odds are that he's just gonna bite onto my wedge. Lift the wedge and waggle-hook around to escape.

gl hf