CBC3 SHW Week 2: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Equisde

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 SHW Week 2: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Equisde

Post by Trihunter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:53 am

Hartmann's Youkai Bot IIEquisde
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 11
Traction: 2Traction: 12
Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 16Weapon: 1
Armour: 7Armour: 2
6 tooth disk declared.

Shouldn't be a tough fight. They're fast, but die instantly. Spin up ASAP, hang near the edge of the arena (but not on the IEDs), and keep the blade facing them at all times. Wait for their approach, then slam them with 14 damage. Just keep spinning up and tearing into them. Even if they hit us before full speed, it's still going to do an assload of damage. If they ram into the wall, they just die too. If they don't come after us for whatever reason (for example, dying), make a careful approach and smash them. Do keep in mind that they have omnidrive, but we can still pivot in place if they try to flank. The sheer size of the weapon compared to our body makes it tough for them to get around and hit us, even with their ludicrous speed.

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 2: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Equisde

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:07 am

I got 10 minutes to write my findings
The strat is like this: move up my lifter and use my massive drive advantage to go around and attack from the sides, where the wheels are. Have HYB's side ride my hinged wedgelets and use my lifter as a clamp. Do this close to the walls and be VERY careful about not touching that spinner.
Now that i have control over it i will drive at full speed towards the middle IED while adjusting for the floor spinners and have both bots launched up, that should deliver an OOTA over the 5ft walls and here is why.

This specific ruleset doesn't state the exact pushing speed so i checked the normal one and it says it's halfway between speed and torque so it's (11+4)/2 = 7.5 rounded up = 8.
8 speed is 10 units of 2MPH each so 20mph or around 29.33ft/s.
the arena has a diameter of 30ft, so it will take slightly under 1 second to reach the edge.
The IED will deal moderate to heavy impact damage that does 2 damage to his 7 armor. flippers deal 1 damage for every feet it gets thrown up so it MUST throw 9 feet up, to adjust for margin of error lets say it goes up 8ft.
The formula for max height for throing shit up is y=H+v0t−1/2gt2, if we pop in the numbers we get
8ft =- 1/2 *-32.18ft/s^2 * t^2
then we solve to
8ft / 16.09ft/s^2 = t^2
and then
5.09/s^2 = t^2
and square root gives us
2.25s = t

Thats the total flight time, the 8 feet will be reached at half that so 1.125s
it takes slightly over 1 second to reach the wall, at that point the bot will be a few feet above the 5 the wall has.
Case closed, Checkmate Tri
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53