CBC3 SHW Week 2: OverCleaver vs Phantasmic Slammer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC3 SHW Week 2: OverCleaver vs Phantasmic Slammer

Post by Billy5545 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:37 am

OverCleaver
Speed: 4
Torque: 2
Traction: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 10 (+1 wedge)

Phantasmic Slammer
Speed: 8
Weapon: 2
Armor: 11 (+2 to the front of the bot including the side wedges and the front of the flipper)
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
So, we are now facing a 4 bar flipper, from a veteran team. We notice that our opponent have double the speed of our bot, as well as far superior traction. We also notice their thick armor. In addition, we notice that their weapon is pretty weak. On the other hand, as mentioned earlier, this is compensated by their speed and durability.

For this fight, we are worried. They can box rush us easily with their speed and just use their flipper to bully our bot and control it. It can potentially even tip out bot and force us to self right, or cause the bar to hit the ground while spinning and recoil hard. In addition, their armor means we will have difficult time causing sufficient amount of damage in short time, with their front wedge and weapon being practically resistant to it.

We are going to start up the fight by moving to the side and avoiding the hazards. Try to maneuver our bot enough so that when the bar hits, it will hit the side near the corner of our opponent. Since the bar spins clockwise, we will go to the left of our opponent and then quickly turn right for the attack once near opponent. After that, we will try to attack further and hopefully wedge the opponent from the side with our hinged wedgelets. From there, we will target the wheels in an attempt to cut them with our bar, without hitting the wheelguards.

For defense, our best bet is turning a bit and backing up when our opponent is trying to flip, in hopes of our bar hitting the flipper's mechanism. The chance is slim due to their speed, but we will try

As for hazards, try to push our opponent to the center IED if we wedge them from the side. It may be foiled each time the bar hits before reaching the hazard, but we will repeatedly wedge the opponent again quickly. In addition, also try pushing them to the Danger Zone. We hope we will be able to win against our opponent despite the slim chance

Good luck Badnik

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 2: OverCleaver vs Phantasmic Slammer

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 pm

GHOSTWRITING

he straight up doesn't damage me as long as I force him to only interact with my front, and I have literally double his speed so I don't think that will be a problem.

rush him down, tank his hits, shove him towards hazards or the wall, and flip him into unpleasant things. repeat. he'll probably end up upside down at some point where he won't be able to self right, at which point I will do a little victory dance. only ever fire the flipper if his weapon is slowed. I don't need it to be suddenly unable to retract.

really the only way he wins this is if he gets really clever, so most of what I need to do is be wary as fuck of him doing some weird shit like starting sideways or trying to monstertruck me or whatever. force him to play it like a straight match with my overwhelming drivetrain advantage.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AM I TO DRIVE OVER A FLIPPER. I can't self-right, probably. Honestly anyone who has someone drive over the central IED because "lol he said box rush gottem arena hazard" is an idiot. of COURSE I'm going to not drive over the hazard that has no chance of not interrupting my rush.

and no this definitely isn't because I regret writing a result of my own that did pretty much just that back in one of the early reddit tournaments. it's just lazy writing, man, and disrespectful

GL