Phobos Anomaly vs Storm Worm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Phobos Anomaly vs Storm Worm

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Forks, anti hammer shields

Ok so hammer boi doesn't have any wedgelets. Flip it out of the way at every given moment. It's the sawbot I want :v. Charge underneath the wedge and flip it over. Kinda hard to use the forks here where ⅔ of the opponent is made of wheel (or tread in this case). Because of the shape of the treads, whenever he's moving forward and I flip him over, he's gonna be wasting half the fight trying to figure out which way is forward with his controls always getting reversed.

But yeah. This is mostly gonna be a flipper fight. If I have one of the bots on my forks and I see an opportunity to lift them up, do so. If there's a lot of swarming going on, open the flipper early and get underneath so I can use the flipper as kinda like a clamp. Every time the other comes near my front, shove the brother in his face.

If the saw gets underneath me and uses the clamp, activate the side arms and drive him over to the IED (ignoring the floor spinners by driving straight across) until he lets go. Once the walls fall away, send them on their merry way with the flipper, or if the saw is still grabbing onto me occasionally and does so, use the same tactic of lifting my body and his with the side arms. Not much that hammer bro can do in that case, because then he'll be gone soon too. Again, use the brother as a meat shield if I ever need to.
Do not let the other push me down as once the walls fall away if I finish one of them

Flip the hammer boi whenever he gets close throughout the fight. I can't afford too many hits here. But focus mostly on the sawbot as it will be a larger threat. Attempt to flip the bots into each other if possible to fuck up their shit.

Good luck

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: Phobos Anomaly vs Storm Worm

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:44 pm

(I told Drew it was one of each set-up ahead of time)

-"Despite being only 9 armor, the blockers will simply bend when hit, then return to true. It even protects the wheels." PRESS X TO DOUBT. I remember GF93 tried to make up goofy stuff about armor cushioning on one of his bots before and it was dismissed as guff. The same should more or less apply here. My hammer hits for 3 points over his armor value which allows me to pierce armor So I can knock holes into them regardless.

-That said, Drew will probably be confident in their protection based on how he worded his description so he probably won't be too scared of Hammer bro, so I'll send him out in the lead and and keep Clamp bro in reserve close-ish behind. Hammer bro will be more or less a decoy by driving straight towards his front, and once engaged I'll swing Clamp bro around towards the side and try to clamp down. My clamp out-powers his lifter by 2 points, so he shouldn't be able to muscle free. I'll have two of his wheels off the floor and should be able to saw away at his bumpers.

-Ideally this frees Hammer bro up to pound away freely. Basically try to keep up with Hammer bro being the distraction and keeping Clamp bro free to out wedge him. Worst comes to worst, his fork set-up is more susceptible to angling in. Try to keep the fight more towards the middle of the arena.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.