CBC3 LW Week 3: Sleipnir vs The Beast From The West II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mole55

CBC3 LW Week 3: Sleipnir vs The Beast From The West II

Post by Mole55 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:36 am

Sleipnir:
Spd:8/Tra:8/Trq:2/Wep:0/Arm:12 (+1 wedge/forks)

The Beast From The West II:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Armour: 6
Weapon: 14 (Disc 13, Arm 1)
Torque: 1

I am using my forks.

The immediate things I notice are his low armour and slow drivetrain (relative to Sleipnir), and the fact that he can't do much damage to me.

This should pretty easily allow me to slightly angle in on the wedge next to his arm, and then push him into the walls or IED. If the IED flips him, immediately take advantage and push him into a wall. Always remain aggressive and in control.

If he gets his wedge under me, or his forks, immediately j-turn and try and get to his flank. If that doesn't work, just reverse away. Remember that hitting the forks will merely flick them up, and do zero damage.

If he gets anywhere near my wheels somehow, reverse away, as they are my only real weak point.

At the 2:00 minute mark, start going for an OoTA ram. Keep ramming into the micro IEDs in the hope he gets flipped up and over.

Good luck.

Edit: forgot to specify I was using my forks.

British-Robotics

Re: CBC3 LW Week 3: Sleipnir vs The Beast From The West II

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 am

Sliepnir may be the quickest bot and strongly armoured but he is 8WD and that leaves enough targets for BFTW II to attack. At the start of the battle I’ll raise the weapon’s arm to allow my blade to spin up to full speed. I want to immediately aim for the tires and hopefully shred one of them from the top, If I get pushed around and get turned backwards, I’ll go for a “Whiplash” style and move my arm all the way back to act as a “backhand” and try and inflict more damage from the top.

Obviously leaving my weapon facing against Sliepnir frontal would be pointless because he is by far quite quick which is why I want my arm to raise upwards all the time and move down from front to back.

I need to stay at the middle of the arena as much as possible to avoid the OOTA, if I can shred enough tires just to slow down Sliepnir. If the game plan is successful, I can bring my arm down and leave my weapon facing frontal and start delivering some pop shots.

Good luck and may the best bot win. :)