ROBOT2 Semifinals: Magnolia Grande vs. Tongue of the Fatman

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

ROBOT2 Semifinals: Magnolia Grande vs. Tongue of the Fatman

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:10 am

Stats

Magnolia Grande: 4 speed / 2 traction / 1 torque / 16 weapon / 7 armour

vs.

Tongue of the Fatman: 6 speed / 5 traction / 1 torque / 9 weapon / 9 armour (+2 plow)

Stuff

1) Okay, so we know that Fatman’s using its thicc plow that can nope just about any spinner. Grande’s no exception. Noah might even mention that we’ve fought already and he won. Cool. Original Sin has lost to Tombstone before.

2) What Fatman doesn’t have, though, is enough speed or torque to really push or smother like a true control bot. Basically, after we’re separated by impacts, I should be able to keep away long enough to spin back up and keep dishing out the hits.

3) In order to flip me, he has to sink his plow underneath my blades and get some bite. Those are really low undercutters, so he’s going to have to time things really well or we’ll both just get flung apart by blades hitting plow. It’s not going to be easy to do. With twin counter-rotating spinners, Grande also has a lot of gyroscopic stability. Like… a LOT. Combined with trying to get bite and time his flips, it’s going to make them a lot less impressive than they should be.

4) He can do two points of flat-surface falling damage to me assuming he scores a full flip. I’m doing the same against his plow, but Gabe specifically said that this tournament would be taking shock damage into account, though it wasn’t specifically quantified (more of a ‘common sense’ approach). Well, Fatman’s got 13 armour on a 7 armour chassis. We’re approaching Vanquish levels there. On top of that, if he misses a flip (which is a very real threat with the tiny margin he has to get his flipper under my undercutters), it’s 15 weapon meeting 7 armour.

Strats

1) Spin up and don’t get rushed. Do this in general. Run in reverse to force him to be careful with his flips.

2) Bait, hook, and use my width to sneak in angled shots or fool him into thinking he has a clean flip when he doesn’t. Generally just try to make him miss and mistime flips. His flipper has the kind of power that can flip him over if he misses or at least break his control, and with 6 speed and only 1 torque, he’s going to struggle to jet away quickly if he’s close to my somewhat lumbering spinner.

3) Obviously stay away from the low wall and don’t put myself in apposition to be OOTAed. I’m no speed demon, but he’s not that fast for a brick and has terrible acceleration and pushing power.

4) If he’s not flipping, then he’s really got no way of showing match control, since he can’t really push me. He won’t take damage, but he’s going to keep getting knocked away. I’ll play avoidance for a second, and hit him again when I’m back up to speed. The judges will probably favour the bot doing the smacking.

5) Don’t drive stupidly, adjust to new strategies, avoid the OOTA.

GL mate.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT2 Semifinals: Magnolia Grande vs. Tongue of the Fatman

Post by V900 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:21 am