Harpy vs. Dredd, ROBOT2: MW SF

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Harpy vs. Dredd, ROBOT2: MW SF

Post by Shaba117 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Harpy:

SPD-8 // TRA-8 // TOR-2 // WPN-0 // ARM-12

*running spikes*

Dredd:

Speed: 8
Torque: 2
Traction: 8
Armor: 11 (+2 front, including frontal diagonal bits)
Weapon: 1

*running wedgelets*

Two robots with identical control stats-something's gotta give, right? Well, that or we just may put the audience to sleep :P

But, yay, Semi-finals-and all that jazz...

I'm starting in the red square. Race out towards the center of the arena and, during that time, see what kinda move Dredd makes. Yeah, he's got that big piston, but that doesn't cover that much of the front of his bot. Also, Dredd is 2WD with identical speed & torque, which could cause him to 'wheelie'. If that's the case, as soon as I see that front end come up, get under and take him to the wall. My spikes have those extra 'claws' near their base, so that should help 'catch on' and not allow Dredd to just roll right over me.

Now, if Dredd does have enough weight up front and he doesn't 'wheelie'...then, I look for any openings that I can find and act upon fast enough. Particularly, get under a wheel, so that he only has one wheel on the ground and should be less in control. Likewise, if he gets the plow under me, hook off before he activates the piston. Hook off, then spin around and turn a bit erratically to try to throw him off as to what direction to attack next.

Avoid direct, head-on attacks unless I cannot gain any other angle. Dredd's piston isn't powerful and wouldn't even knock me back that far. However, it's still considered as attacking with an active weapon and would likely carry more weight than Harpy's aggressiveness. If it does come down to it, and in the last minute of the match-If I feel that I'm not making any headway, then I will drive straight into Dredd and not relent until the buzzer sounds.

Other than that, just the obligatory 'don't drive like a fool' statement. GL, Noah!

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Harpy vs. Dredd, ROBOT2: MW SF

Post by V900 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm

wedgelets for meeeeeeeeee

First things first, my wedge is better. Harpy essentially has 3 hinged wedges (or 1 hinge with 3 spikes. Not clear which but result is still the same), and we all know hinged wedges only have as much weight behind them as whatever's on the hinge. Compare that to my 2wd static wedge which has the entire bot on top of it, and it becomes clear which wedge has more pressure. That, and the fact that my wedgelets are more narrow.
She could try to angle in on me to sidestep my wedgelets, but the problem there is that we both have the same speed, and I'm fully aware that she'll prolly try to do that. So, I'm gonna actively try to make every wedge encounter a head-on-head collision (specifically a wedgelet-on-hinged wedge-collision). In the result that I DO get wedged (which shouldn't happen, but still), I'll just... drive off.
Fire the weapon whenever appropriate, get up in her face, don't burn my wheels off (because that's apparently that's something that happens???), etc

gl hf