ICECrown Week 1: Chernabog vs. Shellshock

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ICECrown Week 1: Chernabog vs. Shellshock

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:17 am

Rofl. 10/10 what a matchup.

Skids OFF.

All right, go for him immediately when the match starts, driving around the dumb center nail. Keep the claw raised as high as possible to keep it out of harm’s way. Ram him and try to send him into the corners, and otherwise into the walls. He’s got 1 traction and Mecanum wheels, so he’s going to hockeypuck around like crazy, and could also bounce around and start coining since the front of my wedge is fairly shallow.

I need to knock him into the walls, stop his shell, and wedge him. Unless I can get my claw hooked over his srimech pole don’t bother using the thing. Not only does the shell have 12 armor but its sloped sides mean I can’t even clamp the bastard.

Instead, I’ve got to attack his soft underbelly. Get at least one of the hazards to orange by booping it with my wedge without driving my wheels over as soon as possible, then shove Shellshock onto it, but stop short of driving myself onto it. Mecanum wheels are fragile, and if I can mess up one or two of them that’ll seriously screw up his control.

Apart from that, keep knocking him into the walls and corners and avoid letting his shell get up to speed. My wedge should be able to hold up pretty well if I can make a high fraction of the hits really be 13-14 power or less because his shell’s not at full speed.

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: ICECrown Week 1: Chernabog vs. Shellshock

Post by Noisy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:03 am

My weapon is +3 on his best armour and my conical shape means he will have a hard time trying to get purchase on my shell. He does have the faster drivetrain but my mecanums mean I have more manoeuvrability.

At the start, spin up to full speed and move away until I'm up to full speed. Then go in and aim for the side of his wedge, hopefully getting a tooth behind it to damage his vulnerable sides and back. Then stay at full throttle for the rest of the match. Move away and spin up to full speed and then attack the side of his wedge again until it's off. Then go in for the kill. Keep the shell up to speed at all times. If I'm spinning, he can't get a grip on me,