Hoarfrost vs Nick's Fuzzy Rules

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Hoarfrost vs Nick's Fuzzy Rules

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Hoarfrost: 8 speed // 8 traction // 3 torque // 0 weapon // 11 armour (+1 wedge)

NFR: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 2 (Arm) / Weapon: 1 (0+1 weapon bonus - saw) / Armor: 11

[hr][/hr]

I out-push him, and have the advantage of actually doing something cool when I get under him (and by something cool I mean marginally pulling him towards me with a polishing wheel. HUZZAH!). I would also argue that I am far less likely to wheelie than he is, given his massive wheels and rather short body - most of his front is CLEARLY unable to hold any components of significant weight, further pushing back his center of mass. as for wedge advantage ignoring wheelie potential, it seems pretty even. I'll be working mostly to counter his angling in, either with my own angle or by forcing a head-on.

overall, I want to be as aggressive as is logically possible. I wanna try and force him onto the back foot, even with my speed disadvantage. when I get under, bring down the polishing wheel and try to pin him in a corner or something.

I can try to lift him with the arm, if the chance presents itself. inverted he'll run slower and have a worse wedge (the tall part of his wedge might just make clearance, but it's still gonna scrape against the ground a bit). I'll probably mostly be doing the same things I was when he was right side up, though.

if he gets under me, our wedges might lock at the kink in his front. if they do, I win the pushing war, which is great. if they don't, focus on j-hooking until I get free. also smack at him with the arm and the polishing wheel. get that aggression where you can :V.

so yeah. be incredibly aggressive, try to push my stability and torque advantages, and don't let him push me around.

Obligatory don't be dumb line

GL

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Hoarfrost vs Nick's Fuzzy Rules

Post by Madman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 am

Alright, so any writer who knows how to write I'll trust to see through the polishing wheel as literally a non-weapon. It's a glorified self-righting arm with a cute gimmick. With that out of the way, what are we left with? Two wedge bots, and mine's faster, better controlled, and has the better wedge by a sliver. The length and flatness of his wedge means that there isn't much weight on its tips, whereas my ABR wedge has more weight (you know, a big, 12 armour thick metal slab) closer to slightly smaller tips. It's splitting hairs, I know, but this is a championship fight and I'll take a small advantage where I can get one.

Basically, I just wanna smack him, and I wanna try to do so at angles. Hit something very fast at an angle with an angled wedge (especially one that gets steeper) and you flip it. That's just physics. Look at La Machine and Roadblock's 'flips'. Flip him a few times through superior use of just...geometry. Nothing fancy. Obviously avoid pushing matches unless I have him from an angle that gets one of his wheels off the ground. If I'm wedged, hook off since he has no way of high-centering me. Angle in, which of course he'll anticipate. That doesn't mean that he can completely counter it, especially if I do it right before we hit with a faster and better controlled bot. Mix things up by reversing towards him and then turning at a bit of an angle to cut diagonally across the front corner of his wedge. Then punch it forward into his rear corner and wedge him, taking both wheels off the ground and plowing him into the wall.

If he flips me, it doesn't make a huge difference, since I'm fully invertible. Though I'm a bit easier to angle into, my drivetrain advantage should offer some protection against that. Overall, stay aggressive and mix up my approach, hitting him hard, forcing him to adjust to my maneuvers in order not to be angled into and keeping him on the defensive. Hit and move when I have to, and push when I can get one of his wheels off the ground. I can fight with more than one gear. If I'm doing something that clearly isn't working, then adjust in a rational way.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49