RoBattle LW Week 8 Rollercoaster Megathread

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

RoBattle LW Week 8 Rollercoaster Megathread

Post by Trihunter » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:51 am

Ooh, this really isn't MIAP's event. We're not exactly fast, but try to get through stuff as quickly as possible. Don't spin up. Take it slower over the two cambered curves to avoid falling off, but go faster for the other parts. Gun it for the ramps, and hope our traction is enough to make it up them enough to tip them.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Mole55

Re: RoBattle LW Week 8 Rollercoaster Megathread

Post by Mole55 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Careful, as this is an extremely fast robot. Very careful on all the banked turns, and the bridge.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: RoBattle LW Week 8 Rollercoaster Megathread

Post by attackfrog » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Pro tip: you can, in fact, link directly to posts by clicking on their titles and taking the URL from that. It doesn't give a one-post-on-a-page thing like Zetaboards did, but it'll scroll down in the thread to the post for you.

The Gourmet's got reasonably good ground clearance, which is to my advantage, but my scoop is going to be completely useless. I'll be keeping it raised up and out of the way for the entirety of my run. My high speed and solid traction should keep me going fast and staying controlled and on the track, but I'll still need to drive carefully and make sure not to make any foolish mistakes. If I feel like I have enough control to do so, I'll be going full speed on the straightaways but obviously slowing down for the turns and obstacles.

GL everyone!