Robattle Week 8 HW Heat B: Grand International

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Robattle Week 8 HW Heat B: Grand International

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:09 pm

GIANT WHEELS please.

All right, go hell for leather out of the gate and over the first jump. Once I get to the hay bales, I want to knock the ones in my way into the water, then back off a few feet and gun it so I land on the bale. What I do NOT want is to have the bales eat all my momentum and leave me in the water hazard stuck behind the bale, which could easily happen to a careless robot on this hazard.

Once I’m past the water hazard I can gun it over the rumble strip (stay in the middle of the course), first turn, and second jump. Also go full speed up the ramp into the hay bales, but once I hit them move around them so I can take the jump over the second water hazard at top speed and take the second turn. Stay on the inside during the turns if possible.

For the second lap, I can take the jump at full speed again. Then maneuver through the gaps in the wall of hay bales that will now exist, going fast enough to make it over the water hazard. Go fast for the rumble strip, turn, and second jump. Take the bale ramp more carefully the second time to make sure I don’t just jump off the ramp and lose control. Navigate around the bales, jump the second water hazard at high speed, and go full throttle to the finish line.

If someone attacks me, use my enormous ground clearance to monstertruck off them and keep going.

Note that while we have equal speed, I have the second best control in this race, and the only one better than me is MiDAS. He’s gonna have trouble with those hay bales. If he keeps his forks on the ground they’ll dig into the dirt track. If he raises them he’ll spear a bale. If he goes in reverse his giant wheels may cause him to climb them. I don’t have this problem because while my weapon is removed in this config, my frame rails stick out a couple inches past my wheels, giving me a solid, blunt surface to push against the hay bales with.

Good Luck etc. etc.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Robattle Week 8 HW Heat B: Grand International

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Triangle Nose

keep the nose up when not dealing with barriers, bring it down to plow through them. generally ignore my opponents if I can get into the lead, though if I can't, plan B is to just shove them off the edge since my wedge is better than or equal to everyone elses, and I out-torque everyone too.

NFX

Re: Robattle Week 8 HW Heat B: Grand International

Post by NFX » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Regular wheels & forks, please.

I'm pretty sure I have some kind of drivetrain advantage over every other machine in the field, which plays well in a race environment. My forks should help get underneath opponents if I need to, and I should have enough ground clearance to deal with most of the obstacles.

I shall be doing this race entirely in reverse. =D This helps for a number of reasons, my axe head should help push through the haybales if needed, and this will also prevent the haybales getting stuck to my forks. Plus, keeping my forks pointed at the robots behind me on track will let me get underneath them if they stray too close, and I can fire the axe to throw them off if they try monstertrucking over me instead.

Start backwards with speed (obviously, this being a race), but ease off slightly over the first ramp so I don't flip myself over or anything like that. Through the haybales next, aim for the edge between two on the bottom row, so I don't end up pushing one with me. Clearance and drivetrain should let me clear the water ramp and rumble strip without too much trouble.

Stick as close to the inside of the turns as I can get away with to minimize the race distance, but nearer the middle of the straights so I don't risk going off the track. Full speed over the next ramp, again aim for the join between two bales in the next wall, then continue over the water. Repeat for the second lap, but this time there should be a clear path through the haybales for me to carry more speed through.

Avoid any bots trying to hang back and interfere with competitors on the next lap, hopefully I can out-drivetrain the others and finish well here.

GL!
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy