Wedgelord vs Neglected Waterbug

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Wedgelord:
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 4
Weapon: 1
Armor: 11

Neglected Waterbug:
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 6 (5 spinner, 1 flipper)
Armor: 12 (+2 front and diagonal edges)

<hr />
I have a minor speed advantage, he can't accelerate quite like I can, and he has those dumb wedgelets on that make him super easy to angle in on. Furthermore, his weapon shape and power aren't good enough to damage me or even really knock me away if he catches me on my way in - he's fully relying on getting under me.

Full aggro. Angle on the wedgelets. Into the walls. Run the pin timer down over and over, don't give him any room to breathe. If he dodges, it's better for me to fully commit and drive past so I can circle back and try again than to stop and try to correct myself - I'm faster than him and would already be at full speed for an easy escape, whereas he's starting from a standstill. If flipped, get unflipped. Doesn't matter how. If he camps by the wall, wait him out, then resume aggression once he gets bored of being boring.

<hr />
Good luck&#33; :D
poopity scoop

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Wedglets on, let's get it.

Wedgelord is slightly faster than I am, but I have a better wedge by means of the far-narrower wedgelets. I want to play defensive when in the neutral, set myself up so that I'm in a position to pounce when the time is right to steamroll WL into a wall. Basically, back off and pussyfoot around until I'm able to meet him directly head-on.

Imma guess that he wants to angle in on that hyuge gap in the middle of my wedgelet trios, so I'll make sure that doesn't happen by matching whatever angling he does when in close range. He drives forward and turns left? I turn left and drive backwards. Make sure I stay away from walls too, so that I have area to reverse to.

Did I get under? If so, take this guy to poundtown USA and rack up aggression. Watch for any escape attempts he makes, react accordingly. Easy stuff. He might try to do J hook meme so be especially careful for that.

Did my plan fail in a comical coyote-vs-roadrunner-esque fashion? Well, guess I better use my spinning drum and flipper to free myself. The thwack has 5.5 power making it slightly more powerful than my spinning drum. Not nearly enough to stop my drum instantly without having some trouble. Additionally, it has to stop or reverse in order to actually bring it into play. Bear in mind: it's an overhead thwack powered by reversing the drivetrain, not some sort of magic perpetual motion machine. This gives me an easier opportunity to escape.

gl hf paisano