Khnum vs Speed Bison

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Khnum vs Speed Bison

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Khnum: Speed: 11 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 11 (+2 front) - FORKS

Speed Bison: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 2 / Armor: 12 (+1 plow/fork) - FORKS

<hr />

he has 3 forks, I have 2 - I'll have more pressure under individual forks, and should win pushing battles. additionally, I have a higher speed/torque ratio if we end up locking up, so I should slowly win pushing battles by switching into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE. I don't have the control to take advantage of his abysmal turning radius when not actively pressing his front wheels, so I'm going to have to rely heavily on out-wedging him to win. fortunately he isn't fast enough to flank me in mobility mode (and wouldn't be able to get under me anyway without taking the time to slowly un-press his wheels), so he won't really be the best at exploiting my poor control either.

So yeah, force the pressing head-on, get under him, activate maximum overdrive, slam him into walls, etc. the usual wedge shit. if possible, try to overturn him, and then shove him around while lowering the lifter onto him to use as a clamp (though if this ends up not working so well stop doing it).

If he's trying to flank me, steering in place isn't really a viable option, so I'll have to either dart away from him (my lowest possible speed is higher than his top speed), and then face him front-on again, or just go for a counter by ramming into his sides when he's trying to get to my sides (again, I move too quickly at base speed for him to have an effective reaction).

if he gets under me, he should just end up under hinged wedges, so I should still be able to push back with all 4 wheels. do that to force him to try and lift, then quickly reverse and get under him while his wedge is raised. if this doesn't work, just like... j-hook off with my ridiculous top speed :V .

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Khnum vs Speed Bison

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Speed Bison's using its forks (if you wanna look at it, my team is linked in my signature :P)

Khnum is of course using its forks too, so it's a battle of the silverware this time. The difference between us is mostly in speed: Khnum's got a crazy 11 speed to my 7. But Speed Bison has more traction, weapon power, torque, and armor (not that armor is going to matter at all in this fight.) Khum doesn't have to drive at top speed because speed controllers are a thing, but with that 5 traction it's going to have to drive slower than Speed Bison to have the same amount of control as I have. With my additional torque, I'm also going to be the one doing the pushing in any pushing matches (and I think there will be a lot of those.)

Neither of us can damage the other (unless ramming damage suddenly becomes a thing and we both collide at top speed head-on or something.) So this will be about control. What I want to do is get under Khnum and shove it around, lifting some of its wheels off the ground to make that easier, if I can.

It shouldn't be too hard for my forks to get under those hinged wedges, so I want to come at Khnum from the side or at an angle whenever I can. From the front, lifter-to-fork will be a bit trickier. But if our forks interlock, or Khnum gets under Speed Bison's front, I can still stay in control. I'll be able to push him around still: I can keep my wheels on the ground by lowering them. And if Khnum keeps lifting, it won't have enough purchase to lift me into the air--that grabber isn't long enough--so I'll just come out of its grip and be free again.

This is going long, so I'll make my strategy simple: be aggressive, push Khnum around with my superior torque, take advantage of its poor control ratio to get to its sides and corners, and control the match by pinning Khnum when I can.

Good luck Gabe&#33;