Hoarfrost vs La Valette

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Hoarfrost vs La Valette

Post by Madman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Stats

Hoarfrost - 8 speed // 8 traction // 3 torque // wedge // 11 armour (+1 plow)
vs.
La Valette - 3 speed // 1 traction // 1 torque // 17 weapon // 8 armour

Analysis

1) So, we've buffed speed for low-speed bots. I still have literally twice his speed, so I can dictate how and where we'll hit regardless of what he tries to do.

2) The starting positions of the robots in this arena are the same as the battlebots arena, and box rushing is possible there, so I'm pretty sure that I can pull it off with the drivetrain that I have.

3) Given that I push him as fast as he can drive, it shouldn't be too hard to keep his bar interrupted and spun down for the majority of the match. A 17 point hubmotor-powered blade doesn't get up to speed right away. Sure, he can do a lot of damage, but not if his weapon is basically never at full throttle.

Strategy

a. I know it's predictable, but it's a play that works: box rush the everliving fuck out of him. Be prepared for him to try to run or turn sideways or some BS. I'm faster. Adjust.

b. Hit him so that he gets flung into the corners, and he will fly with that much weapon power and that little traction. After that, rush and smother. Don't stay on him 100% of the time to avoid the pin timer, just shove and slam him, especially into corners. When he starts to break free and/or get up to speed, shove him back in.

c. Rinse and repeat for the entire match.

d. If I can't control him and my plow gets torn off, thenjust keep in his face if he's not spun up and try to pin him for the whole timer. If he's spun up and only a bit of time is remaining, then play avoidance.

e. In general, be aggressive and in his face, slam, shove, and take advantage of the shortcomings of his design.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Hoarfrost vs La Valette

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Observations

1. +6 weapon power:armour is OHKO territory. I'm +5 even on his plow. That plow really shouldn't survive more than a couple of hits. Once it's gone, I'm +7 on the rest of his robot. I was able to do it during the first fight, and there's not really anything new that he can do as a cheese wedge, so this is likely to end the same way. Perhaps even further in my favour given the lack of hazards.

2. He's a lot faster, but contacts will knock us very far apart, and even running away from him to spin up with 5 units of speed to his 10 still reduces his net closing speed to half and should buy me the time that I need.

Strategy

1. Start the match facing sideways (right) in my square and spinning clockwise. Immediately spin up and drive straight for the right side of the arena. This makes his fastest approach angle the area around my left wheel, which gives me more time to spin up, since he'll have to adjust course if he wants to stuff my weapon. If he just wedges the wheel, my blade shouldn't go straight into the ground, since I've gone midcutter with La Valette. Basically, turn as quickly as I can in the direction that I'm spinning, using the gyroscopic forces to help me swing around, and hit him. Either way, just get spun up and lay a hurting on his plow. Recoil should send me towards the corner that I'm further from, giving me a bit more time to recover.

2. If I succeed in tearing his plow off, he has no wedge to control me with and he'll be ridiculously prone to wheelying, so being sure to spin up fully, attack a bit more aggressively.

3. In general, don't be afraid to play avoidance shamelessly following hits to get back up to full power. I'm slow, but that doesn't mean I have to totally play this like a static hazard. Whenever I'm up tae speed, go after him with extreme prejudice.

GL bro.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!