Mach Tornado vs Eye of Newt

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:59 am

MT:
Speed: 4
Weapon: 15
Armor: 8
Traction: 2
Torque: 1

EON:
Speed: 3 // Traction: 2 // Torque: 1 // Weapon: 16 // Armour: 8

this looks pretty simple in all honesty. i have the speed advantage and his wheels poke out further than his drum so all I really need to do is spin up, aim for his wheels and knock him out quickly. avoid any shenanigans from EON.

good luck laz and may the better bot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Analysis

1) I win weapon to weapon in a big way. I do 6 damage per hit to him while he does 3 to me and ring spinners have never proven to be the most durable. His weapon shouldn't last more than a hit or two. Basically, his only target is my wheels and stabilizers, while if I hit him anywhere, it's going to be really bad for him.

2) While he has a very slight (6 to 5 unit) speed edge, I have better control, which should give me a better chance of keeping whichever part of me that I want facing him pointed in the right direction.

3) We're both invertible and there are no hazards, so this'll be decided by weapon and weapon alone.

4) Side drumlets are really cool, and my spinner might have enough power to potentially OOTA him. Given that the recoil from weapon to weapon hits is going to push me down as much as horizontally, while his will push him exclusively horizontally, I should suffer a lot less of it than him and recover faster.

5) It's pretty obvious that his only play is to go for my wheels. While this makes for a really tempting Chekov's Gun from a writer's perspective, as long as I take protective measures to make my wheels inaccessible, he doesn't have the speed and definitely doesn't have the control to reach them.

Strategy

1) My main play here is to spin up immediately and pull a Howler. That means going x-axis and facing him side on with the drumlets. He has neither the speed nor control to flank and swing back in. Obviously, keep facing him this way, deny flanking attempts, and also keep aggressive and mobile when possible to draw errors from him.

2) I mostly want to stick to the outer areas of the arena, driving along it and facing him x-axis. Take any opportunities afforded by his poor control and need to avoid a weapon to weapon to deliver a blow. I don't really have the speed to follow up, but if he happens to get stuck or positioned so that I can, then don't hesitate.

3) Stay aggressive and be opportunistic. I have more room for error if I play this smart. He has basically none. Adjust to anything unexpected in a rational way, and generally kick ass.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49