Override vs Endless clowns

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Override: Spd: 7 / Tra: 5 / Tor: 2 / Wep: 5 (4 saw, 1 arm) / Arm: 11
EC: Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 8 (spinner) / Weapon: 4 (lifters) / armor: 6

<hr />

no reason to go with more power, I can't damage him either way. it's worth pointing out that he has just enough ground clearance to get stranded on the cans. he won't be permanently stuck, obviously, but it'll cost him time. he also doesn't actually have that good of drive stats, so breaking through the bricks and cinderblocks will also be a challenge without any sort of wedge. he'll point out I have underwhelming control. whatever he says about me applies also to himself.

lifters raised at the start, bat down the wood thing with the spinner. lower lifters as I approach the cans, and keep them down for the rest of the hazards. between my wedge advantage and the large spinning mass i have, breaking through them should be no problem - and it has the advantage of throwing debris all around my side, which will hopefully make his life a little harder.

when we meet in the middle, he has no real recourse to me just facing him with the wedge and bulldozing him into a corner, since the arena isn't wide enough for him to avoid me. so do that, and then continue on.

again when we reach the glass forest, he has no real recourse to being bullied around and out of that area, so focus on doing that whenever he's close (breaking the glass is a secondary objective) - just be very careful about getting close to the edge: I can use my spinner to punt him out, so there's no reason to get too close, especially with my meh control.

if there's just 1 glass tower left standing and we're both up there, drive to where the final pane comes down, and sit there, ass towards the pane, front towards him. keep myself between the final pane and him, and only break the final glass tower if I can confirm my ability to still keep myself between those two things.

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:07 pm

We have the same Speed, and the same control, but I have better Torque, meaning faster acceleration and pushing ability. Plus, Override's ground clearance gives it less chance of getting high-centered than EC.

I'm expecting this to play out similarly to MiDAS vs. Compound Fracture in Week 1. Override has the Torque to knock down its walls easier than EC will, but its high ground clearance means it can also drive over the rubble rather than through it, so should get to the far corner quicker than EC, which has to push its rubble with only 1 Torque.

When we meet, try to feint going around one side of EC, which I'm expecting him to try and cover, then instead go around on the other side. If that fails, he can't damage me himself, so I'm not too worried. I'm also invertible, and should be able to shimmy myself over if I end up on my side somehow, or use the saw arm to knock myself off the wall.

Heading back to the start, as with MiDAS vs. CF again, my opponent will have to push all of my rubble out of the way as they go, but they will have pushed all of their rubble out of the way already, leaving me a clear path to run through. I should therefore get back to the start first.

Head up the ramp, extend the saw arm out the back, then start spinning to smash as many panes as possible. If EC joins me, his lifters are viable to get jammed in the grill, so he can't really charge at me. If I am pushed off the side, try to use my saw arm and ENORMOUS WHEELS to prise myself back into the arena somehow. Continue smashing away at the panes otherwise until the final pane lowers.

Park at the side of the exit, raise my saw arm vertically, then when the pane is low enough to do so, drive underneath it and let the saw arm smash it. Unless he camps there, in which case reverse up behind him, monster truck a little, and extend the saw arm over his head, so the pane will reach me before him, netting me the final point.

GL Gabe&#33;
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy