RoBattle Week 4 HW Football Megathread

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:22 am

This is the megathread for all RP in this week's Football event. Post your strategy, any novel tactics you might try applying, et cetera. As usual, don't read eachother's RP.

Participants:
MiDAS (NFX)
LowRider (NoiseyGiraffe)
Compound Fracture (Hooray for Lexan)
Neuromancer (The_Angry_Goat)

Football rules can be found here.

Good luck!
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Compound Fracture:

USING THE ANTI-VERTICAL SCOOP. Gabe has declared that Neuromancer is using its futbol config (no surprises) and Fish said MiDAS is using its forks and regular wheels.

At the start, be aggressive and try to get the ball and go for the goal. The gap in the center of my scoop happens to be 7-1/2

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 pm

We all have 7 speed but have 1 more torque than Midas or Compound Fracture (equal with Neuromancer) so I will accelerate faster than at least two of them. Put the wedge on the floor before the fight and just run towards the ball and try and hit it into the net.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 pm

SOCCER CONFIG

we're all more or less the same speed, and it should be a dogpile to the middle. let everyone else dog pile. I'll sneak in a second or so behind them all and collect the ball when it drops out of the control of one of them - in general, act the opportunist, waiting my opportunity to strike and intake the ball: I still have an effective wedge if I'm not trying to control the ball. if Nick (or anyone else) decides to be an ass and target me all match, press, get under his prongs that can't press, and shove him up against the wall. in any other situation, try and distrupt people from the sides/behind as they try to corral the ball - it's not easy for them to do since they have no active intakes.

once I have the ball in my intake, it's just a matter of scoring it, while avoiding a lot of very angry opponents. do a lotta juking and shit, and take advantage of the fact that I can keep the ball in my possession even if I'm being manhandled by someone.

I'm expecting to be heavily targeted by everyone. the only real danger is MiDAS, since I can monster-truck, sewer snake dance, etc. away from anyone else who tries to control me - but if I face MiDAS head on, I can avoid being controlled by him due to my already established wedge advantage.

also this configuration is able to self right - if I lift the collector to full height (which is higher than shown in the signup images) and rapidly reverse, it'll flip me back onto my wheels

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Twin forks and regular wheels, please.

I've got the best drivetrain out of all the bots here, especially in terms of control, with only a negligible deficit in Torque. Plus, we all have equal speed, so none of us should be able to hugely outdrive the others.

Lowrider's flat wedge shouldn't be able to control the ball very well, rolling off the side if it turns at all. Ram it from the side and spin it round to cost it possession. CF's plow-with-gap would be only slightly better, the ball continuing to roll forwards if it stops to turn. Tackle CF the same way as Lowrider. Neuromancer's Collector setup, however, means it can't self-right if overturned, so if NM has the ball, immediately get under its side (press the forks to get under from the front if I have to) and turn it on its head, which will leave it unable to score for the rest of the round.

First round, I'm alongside the goal, so move initially across the goalmouth slightly, allowing the rest of the bots to collide in the middle. If Neuromancer has the ball, rush in and overturn him immediately. If it instead bounces free, go to SCORING STRATEGY: scoop the ball up with my forks, raising them slightly to keep hold of the ball, so it doesn't roll forwards or backwards on them. Keep myself moving, sweeping around behind the center so none of the others have a direct tackle, then rush back towards the goal. Veer around the blocker if possible, but if not, then drive toward it, raise my forks a little more when I get near enough, and fire the axe to launch the ball over the blocker and into the goal. MiDAS needs no convoluted extra setups for one specific event, Gabe. :P

If necessary, Round 2 will go the same as the first - move across the goalmouth, let the other two bots collide in the center. Turn over Neuromacer if he has the ball, scoop it up myself if it's free. Then return to SCORING STRATEGY. Round 3, rush for the ball, then do the same as the first two rounds. If MiDAS is wedges, its ground clearance and shape means it can drive away easily, and if overturned, then it can self-right with the axe and get right back into the game.

Best of luck to the others!
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy