(Gauntlet) Heian Alien vs Helepolis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Sun May 27, 2018 5:37 am

Heian Alien:
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Armour: 12
Weapon: 14

Helepolis:
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 3
Weapon: 7 (5 grabber, 5 lifter)
Armour: 10

------------------------------------------------------

Okay. Pushing is going to be tough, due to low Torque. Instead, we'll utilise those long legs to try to climb over some of the walls, or smash them apart with the axe. Upon meeting Helepolis, smack 'em with the axe before trying to pass. The narrow Gauntlet corridors will make dodging pretty tough. Climbing over Helepolis' rubble shouldn't be too tough, but avoid difficult terrain if possible. Head up the ramp sideways into the Forest of Glass, where the weapon shouldn't be needed. Just walk into the glass in any direction, break it all, then take out the last panel. If we do get stuck at any point, try to brace to avoid toppling over, use the walker legs to reposition, and hopefully get unstuck. If we do go over, try to srimech with the axe.

Good luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Rocket_III

Post by Rocket_III » Sun May 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Start the match with the grabber closed to form as much of a plough as I can. After that, it's game on! I'm faster and accelerate faster than Heian - though given it's a walking death-hammer, this isn't too much to write home about - so I should be able to crash through the obstacles without too much hassle. The design of my robot means I'm not getting high-centred on anything any time soon, so I essentially have a clear run until I meet up with the Weeabot. When that happens, box-rush him and try and grab one of the legs. If it's possible, try and get him hooked on the side walls; if not, or if time does not permit it, just try and turn him over and barrel over his flailing body like two donuts flying over an upended turtle. From there, it's a case of getting to the top section before the Alien does and smashing as much glass as I can - and since the floor of the central section is a mesh, Heian's stupid pointy feet are just gonna get stuck and I won't have to worry about it getting the bonus pane first.

Good luck, and have fun! =]