RoBattle LW Week 1 Pinball Megathread

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Sun May 27, 2018 5:15 am

This is the megathread for all RP for this week's Pinball event. Post your strategy, what obstacles to prioritise, et cetera. As usual, don't read others' RP.

Participants:
Endless Clowns (The_Angry_Goat)
Traposphere (Wolf51-50)
The Revenge of Psychosprout (Rocket_III)
Override (NFX)

Pinball rules can be found here.

Good luck!
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:43 am

Clamp off

First go for one set of barrels by ramming into them. Raise the lifting arms to ensure I don't miss any. Next go for the targets. It is said the blocker is slow. Therefore, time my approach, and go for the 75 point target, then a 50. After that, raise the arms again and hit the multiball release. Then go for the other 50 point target If the large ball is near the pit after all this, push it down the pit gently. Don't go for the car doors unless there's time left. If I'm running out of time or I need to get out of the pit, lift the body and jump to the closest object that gives points lol.

Good luck guys
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Rocket_III

Post by Rocket_III » Sun May 27, 2018 4:16 pm

TRoP:

CHAAAAAAAARGE!

Specifically, charge at the left-hand stack of barrels and knock down as many as I can. 10 Speed should be more than enough to hurtle through the barrels, and after that it's time to turn on the pace. I won't be sticking around to knock any more barrels over; instead, it's straight to the closest 50pt target and plough into that, bouncing off the target and heading towards the 75pt target. After hitting that, it's time to bounce into the other 50pt target and careen into the other stack of barrels from there. If there's time left, I'll circle back around and take a trip over the see-saw before heading to the swinging doors.

Good luck, everyone! =]

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu May 31, 2018 7:21 am

Straight down the middle and over the see-saw to begin with, then time a run between the two blockers for the 75-point target. Through the car door next, then along the side of the arena to the nearest 50-point target. Head back up to the top of the arena and take down both stacks of barrels, before going back down the other side and netting the last remaining 50-point target. Multiball release after that, then raise up the saw arm, using my chassis gap to collect the balls and deliver them to the pit.

TLDR, central obstacles first, then work around the perimeter in order.

Good luck!
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu May 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 11 (spinner) / Weapon: 1 (lifters) / armor: 6 stat line, normal wheels (I still have like, a half inch of ground clearance)

I want to be able to take things as efficiently as possible - so go in a circle. start lifters up and out of the way, weapon on full blast. I'm assuming destroying the barrels count as tipping them over . also hit up the car door thing, that seems pretty easy to do with an angry spinner up front. after I hit those two in the most efficient way possible, I want to use my extra time on either the side goals (if those are just something I can whack at - see next paragraph), or, if those don't work out very well, lower my lifters and go for the big sphere. always try to leave just enough time to go trigger the multiball release at the end, unless I'm just about to score with something else big.

I don't fully understand what the side targets are for... are we just supposed to reach them? if so go for that, batting the blocker out of the way if I need to lol. if we need to put a ball into them, I can switch to my soccer config (it'll be able to pick up a bowling ball sized ball still), and easily score in them in later rounds if I'm not solidly in first place during the first run. obviously with this strategy I'd just do car doors and then go straight into opening the multibot thing, and then scoring points in the side goals for the rest of the round.

overall be willing to adapt my strategy to fit my abilities as I figure out the course (ex. if it turns out it's more effective to go at things wedges down, do that!): always hit up the barrel stacks though - they're my most reliable point gathering target - and never do the seesaw, I'm too likely to oversteer and waste time.

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122