Krakatoa vs. Phantasmic Slammer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat May 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Krakatoa (plow configuration: teeth on) - 7 speed // 6+1 traction // 2 torque // 5 weapon // 10 armour (+1 plow)

Phantasmic Slammer - 8 speed // 7 traction // 2 torque // 2 weapon // 11 armour (+2 plow)

<hr />
Analysis

1) He's got one advantage: 10 speed to 9. I have the better wedge: heavier, with teeth, and pressing (rotary). It can't really be angled into like my clamp. I also have better control. It should mean that my maneuvers will be a little quicker and more precise. I also have more ground clearance and won't be high-centered if wedged at an angle like he will.

2) His weapon is really weak. It'll only flip me one foot, and 4-bars don't have much of a stroke. Given the size of the average SHW and Krakatoa's large footprint (dustpan in its other configuration), he's going to struggle to overturn me reliably. Then there's how narrow his flipper is, while my lifter covers my entire front.

3) Basically, Dylan has worse control and the slimmest speed margin but has to consistently find a way past a better wedge.

<hr />
Strategy

a. No bullshit. I want aggression points. Come straight at him, angle a tiny bit to make it harder for him to Jhook if wedged, and press right before contact, but be ready to react on a moment's notice for him to angle in. Obviously, if he's starting in some weird position, he's gonna try some baiting or reversing BS or whatever, so don't just drive right into it.

b. When I'm under, my lifter has five speed and a lot of reach, so flip him before he can hook away. Keep him reacting, adjusting, and self-righting (which looks kinda dubious). I have the speed to press that advantage and keep getting under him while he's skidding, being flipped, or self-righting.

c. Obviously I wanna involve the hazards, using my lifter to feed him to the flippers and flamethrowers, and keeping in mind the directions of the conveyors and his attempts to use them to his advantage.

d. Defensively, winning the wedge battle and looking for patterns in his approaches so that I know when to press and how to time it, keeping him on the back foot with hazard use, hooking immediately if wedged, turning when my front is flicked up to prevent him following up, and not letting him sink the flipper (as opposed to his side wedges) in. Self-right immediately unless it would put me in a vulnerable position. In that case, use my invertibility to escape. He's marginally quicker, but reaction time is a thing.

<hr />
GL HF
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:13 pm

come out aggressively and angle in on his teeth. if he gets under j-hook away and look for an opening. once i'm under flip and start chaining flips, bringing him over to the floor flipper for more control

avoid the hazards, never let him get to my side. be aggressive whenever possible.

if this doesnt work at all, try reversing over him and monster-trucking behind him. he isnt using the hammer blocker so theres nothing keeping me from just driving straight over him. laz won't let me do this more than once, so make it count.

keep my driving unpredictable, to keep him from reading my patterns and adjusting his driving to counter me.

good luck laz and may the better bot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ