Magnolia Grande vs Klarinette

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Magnolia Grande: 4 speed / 1+1 traction / 1 torque / 17-1 weapon / 7 armour

Klarinette: 7 speed / 7 traction / 3 torque / 3 weapon / 10 armour (+1 lifter)

1. I have five points on his plow and seven on his chassis. His 9-6 speed advantage is significant but not huge. With my reach, he shouldn't flank me unless I let him. His plow also hugs his chassis really tightly, so warping it could cause it to jam against the chassis and tracks or at least interfere with its rotation.

2. My job here is pretty simple: avoid getting smothered for long enough to kill or badly damage him. Working in my favour is the large distance between starting squares, the fact that damaging/warping his plow even a bit really could interfere with its functionality or his mobility, the heavy damage I'll be dealing, and the predictability of brick tactics.

3. I've looked at some of Lian's RPs, and he always starts aggressively against a spinner and basically just smothers.

a. Firstly, I'm going to start in overcutter mode to avoid scoring only little hits where I'm just being popped up in the air and my weapons slowed down incrementally by his shallow lower wedge. Hitting the upper portion gives me meatier blows and could warp that area right into his chassis.

b. I'm not just going to sit there and eat his box rush. I'll start sideways at the front edge of my box (counter-rotating blades cancel out torque-based pull to one side) and spin up immediately. I'll avoid him until my weapons are at full power. Nine speed minus six is three. He won't close in that quickly. Repeat as needed.

c. Most spinners try to avoid being wedged or flanked. IDGAF. I can't be high-centered, he can't damage me, and it means that he's not stopping my weapons. As long as we're around the center of the arena, I want him to flank past my blades and wedge me from the sides. Give them to him. I'm not that fast, but he only pushes with three speed, and before we get to the hazards, I'm going to drive forward while at a 90 degree angle and then turn, jackknifing my blades into his side.

d. If I'm about to be wedged head on, turn a bit so he only impacts one blade. Let him smother that one while I turn the other blade into his plow to score an extra hit.

4. Overall, stay mobile, tactically aggressive, avoid hazards, and don't be predictable.

Good luck.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:12 pm

- For the start of this match, come out fast but very cautiously. The plan here is to try and flank this machine and avoid going head on unless absolutely necessary. With my better speed and traction, that at least should be easier for me to do.

- Once I'm around him, get underneath and begin to lift him towards the hazards. In this case, the pulverizers are my most preferred choice of destination to send him to. Try to hold him under the for the allotted time before I have to release. Once I have to back do so but rush straight back underneath, don't give him a single chance to escape my clutches. Aggressive wall slams and lifts and pins against the arena wall are also of vital importance here. Strategy and aggression in slamming, pinning and milking the clock are essential in this one.

- Defensively, keep my front facing him at all times when flanking is an issue, try to avoid letting those spinners get withing contact distance unless I have too. Avoid any shots to the corners and sides. Avoid the hazards and any hazard baiting tactics.

GL