Hoarfrost III vs Flash Flood

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Hoarfrost - 8 speed / 8 traction / 3 torque / 0 weapon / 11 armour (+1 plow)

Flash Flood - 8 speed / 7 traction / 3 torque / 1 weapon / 10 armour (+2 front wedge)

<hr />

1) We've got two bricks here. I have a slight control edge, maybe just enough that he'll experience a few degrees of oversteer sometimes that I won't and that my maneuvers might be just a shade crisper and quicker. I also have the better wedge: toothed 2WD vs toothed hinged. My robot is shaped oddly for two reasons: firstly so that it's fully invertible (check my signups), and secondly for the sake of having a large, heavy chunk of metal up front to counter wheelying. Basically, Dylan has to try to create angles on a better wedge while having worse control.

2) I wanna do what a wedge does. Wedge. While he claims that his wheels stick out the back a bit, he still has zippo ground clearance and his wheels are in-chassis, so if I wedge him from anywhere except exactly head-on, he'll be high centered, and a one power flipper won't jar him loose. I want to wedge him constantly for the sake of match control, but I especially want to pounce on him as he swings outward in preparation to angle in. He also has an armour bonus which brings his body armour down to eight, making him vulnerable to hazards damage. Obviously, I'd like to high-center and pin him there.

3) Conversely, I have better anti-wedge defense. I can't really be high centered from anywhere. His flipper is front-hinged and, with such low power, will need a lot of bite to actually flip me. It also starts pretty far up his wedge, so there's nothing stopping me from just j-hooking off, wedging him, and high-centering him.

4) Dylan's likely strategy is to try to flip me to make my wedge less effective, but even when I'm flipped, it's a 2WD toothed wedge that's slightly easier to angle into. I still have better control, so he might angle in a couple of times, but I should retain the advantage. He'll also probably try to make a point about wheelying. All that I can say is that the design is kinda built to counter that and it hasn't had issues with wheelying in any previous fights. If it does, adjust accordingly by angling in on his wedgelets and by stopping/reversing a bit just before we hit to bring my wedge down.

5) Stay aggressive, feed him to hazards while avoiding them myself, drive smart, adjust.

GL fam.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:50 pm

angle in on his spiky bois. get under, start flipping. drive him into hazards etc

jhook away if he gets under me

good luck laz and may the better bot win
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ