Meanstreak II vs Micro Cuts

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Meanstreak II: 8 speed / 8 traction / 2 torque / 5 weapon / 7 armour (+1 drum)

Micro Cuts: 6 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 10 weapon (+1 arm) / 8 armour (+1 wedge)

<hr />

1) He's gonna try to saw me and and clamp me. I've got a significant edge in speed, though, and literally double his traction (much better control ratio, too). On top of that, he's beyond Vovoka levels of wheelying. His 2WD wedge really shouldn't be effective at all. My prongs are probably better anyways. He'll actually do a bit of damage to my chassis if he can get past the drum, but between my better drivetrain (for j-hooking), ground clearance, the slow (1 point) arm, and my drum being able to flick his GIANT SAW up if I turn to fuck up his angle or just reverse a bit, he'll struggle to get any long, meaty cuts in.

2) My offense is mostly going to consist of plowing into him, drum screaming at full tilt, and flipping him. We're both in the main body armour range where the hazards will hurt, so I'm aiming to chain him there and then pin him. Gauge how badly he wheelies at the start and test out a wedge to wedge. If it looks like I'm winning easily, then mostly just go head on and flip him before he can bring the saw down. If not (or if he's actually getting the saw into play), then use my speed and way better control to make this mobile, create angles, and then punish his oversteer. Let him waste time trying to self-right and chain flip him while he's doing so and basically whenever I can.

3) Be aware of attempts to bait using hazards and weapon timing (though my drum's going constantly, so baiting my timing is mostly a no-go). He may try a sideways start or some other maneuver to get around my drum. Be relentless. Don't give him the chance to. I'd rather not take damage at all.

4) Drive smart, be a goddamned pitbull, adjust rationally to anything not covered explicitly in here, and avoid taking shots from the hazards while feeding him to them.

GL fam.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:19 pm

Go to a non-hazard corner. Wait for him to come to me, and then reverse just as we come together, pressing my wedge down. Immediately smash my saw down on his top. This should cause some serious damage. Then go into another corner, and do it again. After a few times, he should be toast.

Don't be silly.

GL