Krakatoa vs. Chemical Explosion

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:30 am

Now this battle could be interesting, however the only problem is that my opponent is by far the quickest and could give me problems. I'll start my weapon up and go at an angle to allow my spinning bar to go up to speed, The weakness I can see on Krakatoa is that the tracks are exposed just about where the forks are. I have the weapon power to do the job so I'll need to try and angle in and allow the bar to clip right at the thread in hope to disable it.

It will be a struggle to deal with Krakatoa's pace, so the only option is to be on the defensive but do NOT face right in my opponent but be in an angle still facing forward

Good luck and may the best bot win.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:25 am

Okay, so I've had the week from hell. Apologies, but this won't be as thorough as my usual stuff.

Krakatoa (Plow configuration): 7 speed / 6+1 traction / 2 torque / 5 weapon / 10 armour (+1 plow)

Chemical Explosion: 5 speed / 3+1 traction / 1 torque / 15 weapon / 6 armour

1) I have 13 armour on my plow with the weapon armour bonus, which his weapon won't be able to do anything more than dents to. I have a significant speed and control advantage, and a weapon that's very fast and can flip and unbalance him with ease.

2) His obvious recourse is to try getting around my plow through angling in, sideways starts, using his weapon torque or just a last second turn in general for a quick swing, and baiting. My tracks look oh-so-yummy to a lot of spinners. Basically, just use my drivetrain advantage and some awareness of what he's trying to do to not give him the chance. Smack him squarely and chase him down. I have a lot of knockback resistance so I should be able to smother him before too many hits.

3) I want to be aggressive, and not just with wall slams. I have an actual weapon on this brick, so I'll use it. Lots of wall slams, feeding him to hazards liberally, and lots of flips. His blade's really low to the ground, so even wedging him, much less flipping, will make it hit the arena floor and make him gyrodance. Keep my plow in his face, keep him spun down, and expose his thinly armoured body to the hammers. Pin for the duration of the pin timer before releasing.

4) If he employs his wedge at any point, then press mine right before contact or simply angle in. Gauge his speed and ability to angle in himself to see which strategy is more advisable. If I'm flipped, give myself room to self-right so he doesn't have a shot at anything that's not plow.

5) Altogether, just drive smart and stay aggressive and right up in his grille. Adjust in the rational way to anything not covered here.

GL!
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49