GBJ vs Sundancer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

GBJ vs Sundancer

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Sundancer:
5 Speed // 4 Traction // 1 Torque // 12 Weapon // 8 Armour (+2 plow)

GBJ:
Speed: 7
Torque: 1
Traction: 4
Armor: 10
Weapon: 8 (6+1 saw, 2 arm)

Rush down Sundancer quickly, try to get them caught up in the dustpan as much as possible. The saw does deal some damage to the body, which is helpful, but the arm will mostly be used for clamping. In theory, if Sundancer goes in far enough forwards, or goes in sideways, it can't hammer us! Play aggressively, to try to scoop them up ASAP, then bring down the saw and get to sticking them in the arena hazards. Keep them pinned as much as allowed, block them against a wall if possible whilst the saw comes down so they can't drive out. It'll be tough to get them in there due to the control disparity, but keep trying and hope for the best. Don't be baited, be wary of Mecanum fuckery, selfright if tossed over, avoid selfdamage on hazards.

Good luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

GBJ vs Sundancer

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 am

Week from hell. Sorry for the lack of organization here.

Sundancer (wedge teeth on): 5 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 12+1 weapon / 8 armour (+2 plow)

GBJ: 7 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 8 weapon (6+1 saw, 2 arm) / 10 armour

<hr />

1) Okay, so his strategy is pretty obvious here: get me in the dustpan, saw, clamp, and feed me to the hazards. It's all that he can really do. He'll probably point out that he has decent armour and I won't damage him much, but my hammer will penetrate (or do the blunt weapon equivalent) on each hit, and I've KOed a bot with ten armour before. He's probably also going to toss in some generic bit about watching out for strafing. Well, it's one thing to watch out for it. It's another to counter it effectively.

2) Exacerbating that is his abysmal control. Being -3 makes fine control and sudden adjustment really hard, and if there's ever a situation during which having mecanums will really come in handy, it's this one. There's a really good chance that I can make him miss by constantly making him turn as I strafe and circle strafe and move at diagonals. The whole time, my weapon will be pointing at him and I'll be firing it as often as I can.

3) I'm not going to score a KO by doing massive damage. I'm going to do it by volume punching. His only real strategy requires him to stay in contact with me (or at least attempt to), and I'll be keeping him turning and missing constantly while punishing every bit of oversteer with a relentless onslaught of hammer blows. Even hitting his dustpan could serve to warp it, making his wedge less effective and allowing mine to win.

4) His 2WD wedge should beat mine. However, it's extremely shallow and there's very little weight resting above the edge. Actually, he's got his whole weapon assembly (arm, saw, and - I assume - saw motor) hanging off the back. He'll be really prone to wheelying, and my chunky toothed wedge might actually be able to beat his occasionally. Nonetheless, I'm probably going to get wedged, so I'll be firing the hammer immediately to break his grip and jar me loose. I don't wanna end up under the hammer. His arm is also not that fast, so I'll have time to j-hook. I also have a lot of ground clearance and could be able to drive over the tips of the dustpan walls.

5) Drive smart, stay aggressive, avoid the hazards, self-right, and adjust rationally.

GL fam
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49