Ayame VS Mushroom Cloud

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ayame VS Mushroom Cloud

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:45 pm

He's wide and has those spikes to stop me going directly over the top, but there's nothing stopping me going over the sides and getting behind him to attack -- so he's more vulnerable to flanking. He's also more susceptible to misfiring with the size of his flipper and the lack of protection underneath, so if he misses, I can more easily either get under myself, or attack his pistons directly.

To take advantage, I'll want to be both aggressive and pragmatic. Move out quickly, watch to see how he approaches, and when we meet, aim for either of his front corners (where the wedge will be weakest) and try to get under. If I do, great; force my way under and flip. If not however, don't panic -- either immediately reverse out the way to get him to misfire and then counter accordingly, or immediately cut straight across the corner before he can fire the flipper to get behind him and attack from there. Mix up these methods as needed to always keep him guessing -- and if I'm in front of him when his flipper is open, aim for the pistons and ram into them to warp them and potentially take away his main form of attack. My wheels will still touch the ground, so reverse/j-turn out to escape and stop him pushing, using my own flipper as well as needed.

In any case -- once I've got the upper hand, combo him with flips/rams, stay under as much as I can (copy his movements to stop him escaping), keep him forced near the walls/hazards to force him onto the defence, and throw him into the Bobbins/Pulverisers when I can to deal damage, ideally when his flipper isn't retracted so I can potentially ruin it. Don't give him any opportunities to escape, and attack the pistons directly whenever I have the opportunity.

Defence mostly comes down to watching what he does and if he's going to get underneath constantly, and then counteracting accordingly to simultaneously prevent him from flipping me whilst putting him in a position where I can punish. Don't drive directly over the top to avoid getting caught on his spikes, self-right immediately and escape before attacking again if flipped to avoid being comboed, and constantly take the fight to him whilst being as slippery as possible so he can't gain any purchase.

Good luck!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Ayame VS Mushroom Cloud

Post by winternimbus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 am

Hey, it's a similar bot bash!

Keep my front facing towards them, be the more aggressive one in this situation, and try to get them pinned on the arena walls. Attempt to continously flip, and wedge them around the arena--preferably near the hazards. Watch out for their flipper, and see if they turn around to face me, J-Hook ASAP when wedged, and watch to see if they're hazard baiting--and use my design, and the arena to my advantage here.

Keep the odds in my favor, this match in my control, don't get too cocky, play it wise, and watch for shenanigans, and monkey business, and avoid the hazards when necessary.

Good Luck!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017