Magnolia Pico vs. Biological Warfare

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Magnolia Pico vs. Biological Warfare

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Magnolia Pico: 5 speed / 5-1 traction / 1 torque / 12+1 weapon / 11 armour
vs.
Biological Warfare: 6 speed / 5 traction / 1 torque / 9 weapon (1 lifter) / 9 armour

<hr />
Observations

a) I'm doing 4 damage to BW with every shot. That was enough for Sundancer to score a KO. In return, it can't do any damage to me at all. If it lifts me, I can't really be high-centered, it'll push with one speed, and I can easily get out of the way before it can wedge me all of the way up to the drum. I have variable ground clearance to boot. BW has a pressing wedge, though it's very slow, but I can press mine too by raising my front four pairs of feet, effectively giving me a 2WD wedge with a walker's weight (should offset the advantage of Syl's toothed wedge).

b) We have the same control difference, and BW's only one point faster (8 units to 7). I can also strafe by scuttling sideways to keep my weapon facing my opponent and cut off its angles. I don't see BW flanking or really having much luck even angling in, and avoiding my hammer will be difficult too.

c) If Syl uses BW's lifter as a blocker, we saw how well that worked out against Sundancer. My hammer can probably either smack it back down (and it'll be slow to raise back up with only one point) or just break it with more than a few blows.

<hr />
Tactics

1. Watch for anything fishy at the start, like sideways starts, reversing tricks, and baiting. For the most part, though, just charge after BW and be aggressive with the hammer. Throw in strafing and circle strafing before contact at random intervals and keep doing it if it works. I'd obviously prefer not to hit BW on the drum because it won't do damage. Press when I need to, but overall remain slippery on defense and relentless on offense, constantly creating angles and firing the hammer.

2. The hazards here are RNG, so generally try not to trigger them and avoid them, even though I have thick armour all over. I have the weapon power to potentially end this fight myself, so focus on that.

3. Stay aggressive. There's no rule that the marginally slower bot has to lose aggression. Self-right immediately if flipped. Avoid the hazards. Drive smart and adjust in a way that makes sense to tactics not explicitly addressed here.

<hr />
GL Syl
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!