America Offline V.S Cutthroat

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:02 pm

We are pretty much almost-even-whatever in stats when it comes to speed and whatnot. Attempt to get around the ginormous clamping hammers that can enable them to bully me around this arena, and watch to see if they turn around to face me. If i do get clamped, bring down hell on them with my hammer--and just bring down hell on them w/ my hammer in general if i have them wedged and whatnot.

They have fairly weak armor when it doesn't come to the lifter. So, what i want to do is to attempt to go towards their sides and back--but watch to see if they're wary of my antics, and back off if they see it coming. Attempt to plow them, and pin them into the walls, while continuously whacking them with my hammer. J-Hook if wedged, watch if they try to hazardbait and whatnot, you know the deal.

Keep the odds in my favor, this match in my control, don't get too cocky, play it wise, and watch for shenanigans, and monkey business, and avoid the hazards when necessary.

Good Luck!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:29 pm

AO:

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 8
Armor: 10 (+1 front wedge)

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 5
Weapon: 5 (3 for lifter, 3 for clamping axes that work on the same mechanism)
Armor: 9 (+2 to the lifter)

Same speed and traction, but I've MUCH more torque. As long as I get under him, I can push him around My lifter can take the hits, and while my axes probably won't appreciate the hammer-frame bashing down on them, I can lift his wedge into the hammer to avoid them from being totally mangled: and even if they do, they'll push him off the ground and I will be able to get even further under him and lift him.

Back away to start with, see if he's going to attack head on, or if he's gonna go side on/flank. If he goes side on, use the axes to push him to face me while turning on the spot, and considering we're exactly the same Speed/Traction, he's not flanking me. Period. So eventually he'll have to resort to trying to wedge me, or MAYBE trying to angle in on my lifter: if he tries the latter, just hook away till we face eachother, then ensure the wedge is as low as possible (preferably pressing, though really as the robot's 2wd it'll be the same either way) and outwedge him.

Once I do get under him, take him over to the pulverizers, stack him on top of my axes and wedge to effectively immobilise him/block his escape, and let the hazards do the work, until the pin timer forces me to release him.

Don't bother angling in.

Flip him over a few times to make wedging him easier and make him waste time self righting, helping me win the JD.

To re-summarise: His axe can't break through my lifter, which is basically a complete cover for the top of my chassis, and while my arms could be bent by the hammer he'd lift himself off the ground in the process (think Breaker Box/Shockwave-style dancing, but the plow is pushing on the opponent, not the floor) and allow me to get under him. If I do, lift him further, use the axes as latches to prevent his escape, take him to the hazards. He can't flank me, he can't properly damage me (and if he does I can just lift the lifter and block him), and when he does try to attack me I can block him with the lifter, make him raise himself up with the axes, then lift, push and flip him all around the arena.