Sundancer vs Kid A

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Sundancer vs Kid A

Post by Madman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:28 am

<big>Stats</big>

Sundancer - 5 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 12+1 weapon / 8 armour (+2 plow)
vs.
Kid A - 7 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 7 weapon (5/5) / 8 armour (+2 on top)

<hr />
<big>Analysis</big>

1) He has 10 armour "on top" whatever that covers. I do 13 damage. Probably not KOing him, but I might get a lot of shots in because...

2) He has 9 units of speed to my 7, and a worse control ratio. I can also strafe, moving from side to side or threatening to circle around his sides while keeping my weapon facing him at all times. He's realistically not flanking me and is gonna have to settle for grabbing me at least close to head-on. I can also force him into turning, which'll produce oversteer and leave him exposed.

3) His clamp doesn't have much reach and is easy to angle into, but most importantly, he's going to fall on his face or at least not be able to move if he tries to pick me up. There's also nothing to block my hammer, so while 3 damage isn't great, it adds up. The 13 power of my hammer should also be enough to jar me loose before he can slowly get me over to those strong hazards.

<hr />
<big>Strategy </big>

a. At the start, rush him, stop dead when I'm pretty close, and circle strafe. Fire the hammer as much as I can. Hit his clamp (really thin prongs should be easy to warp). Hit his chassis. Hit his wheels that have basically no armour and will probably be instagibbed. Basically, just hit him.

b. Bait him by strafing side to side, circle strafing, reversing, and reversing diagonally. Move in ways that he's just not accustomed to dealing with to expose his poor control. All the while, hammer whenever I see an opportunity.

c. Try to j-hook out of clamp attempts and counter him, but his clamp's fast, so I'm realistically going to have to hammer away more while clamped to do damage and jar myself free.

d. Given his short wheelbase and back-heavy design, he'll wheely a lot or straight up torque-reaction himself over. Try to aid this when I can with my wedge, with my baiting and positioning, and by forcing him over the killsaws if the chance arises.

e. Frustrate him with mecanum shenanigans and unleash the hammer constantly and aggressively to do damage, keep him on the defensive, and shake myself free. Otherwise, the usual about driving smart, avoiding hazards, self-righting, adjusting logically,etc.

<hr />
GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Mole55

Sundancer vs Kid A

Post by Mole55 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:19 pm

He can't do much damage to my top, so try and be unpredictable, so he can't just strafe to the side. When we get near, just turn in, lift, and clamp, and dump in the hazards. I have massively better control and drive, I can just outdrive him.

Don't do anything silly, and yeah.

Good luck Laz, and nice bot