Lethal Injection v Ikea's Guard Dog

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:12 am

Press down, use my better speed and control to get under, and then lift and push.

Generally drive like a sensible, don't do anything silly (OOH MY WEDGE IS IN THE AIR, LET'S GO STRAIGHT ON TO HIS LIFTER).

Good luck Alex.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Three Spikes.

He's got the drive advantage and some ridiculous frontal defence on both setups; however, the weapon has almost no power behind it, and the defence on the main body is lacking at only 7. Furthermore, my spikes have the means to exploit both setups with how they work, and when he's flipped, he'll be in major trouble due to his wedges becoming useless and his extremely slow self-righting.

If he has the scoop, flip the spikes back inward, and force a head-on approach as I press them down underneath to raise myself up vertically in the handstand. Aim for the middle of the scoop, push the spikes down further right as I hit to climb over the top of his spikes, drop off behind him, and then get underneath before he can turn around; ideally, clamp down with the two on the bottom and one on the top, lift him right up, then turn him over. If he's using the Hammer Blocker, start with the three out the front, then as I approach, force a head-on collision with the single spike pressed down and the two raised to hook underneath the Hammer Blocker and lift it up off the ground. Adjust the lower spike accordingly when I've hooked him to keep as much traction as I can and shift the weight over to my side, then clamp and take him to the hazards.

In any case, make use of the above techniques to get past his front, but also mix it up with some of the classic "approach via corners/sides with the spikes pressed slightly" stuff to keep him guessing. But when he's flipped, be relentless and actively stop him from righting himself, keep underneath and clamp down to stop him escaping, keep him herded near the walls/hazards, and feed him into the Pulverisers and Bobbin to deal loads of damage. Flip him over ASAP, then really make him suffer from there!

Defensively; watch constantly and always be ready to either dodge/counter or go for the respective tricks to get past his scoop, take the fight to him as much as I can, and whenever I clamp or get underneath, keep hold for the maximum time, use the hazards and/or flip him to maximise effectiveness. Keep moving, in the middle, and away from hazards myself. Climb over the scoop if he tries pinning me!

Good luck!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."