La Valette vs. Mushroom Cloud

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:46 am

La Valette: 3 speed / 1 traction / 1 torque / 17 weapon / 8 armour
vs.
Mushroom Cloud: 7 speed / 6 traction / 2 torque / 3 weapon / 12 armour

<hr />

Observations

a) My last two opponents have also been 12 armour bricks, and I've managed to kill them both. The main differences here are:
i. MC doesn't have the drivetrain that either of them did, making it harder for it to close the distance on me after hits and smother.
ii. MC has a control flipper. However, it works off of an onboard compressor, which means that it'll have to recharge following flips, so no chaining.
iii. This is a different arena, with a lot of flinging-type hazards that add more unpredictability for both bots as well as two safe corners where I won't suffer hazard damage and/or be flung if I end up bouncing into them.

b) I'm still +5 on their armour anywhere, which is only one point short of a OHKO. That means that basically any blow = grievous damage, and their flipper shouldn't remain functional for more than a hit.

<hr />

Tactics

1. Spin up immediately, starting sideways, but at enough of an angle to account for gyroscopic forces pulling me to one side. Immediately start backing away towards the safe corner closest to me, using it as a back stop after delivering a blow so that I don't fling myself too far and too out of control. Meanwhile, pay attention to arena positioning, and try to hit MC so that it'll end up rebounding into hazards as much as possible to disrupt Syl's driving.

2. Conversely, if I find myself under the hammer, at least I can't really be high-centered, so maneuver as best I can so that my 12 armour blade (hopefully spinning) is taking blows instead of my chassis.

3. I'm reasonably tough for a spinner, but I still want to avoid the hazards and try to fling my opponent into them. Favour the hazardless corners, and don't be afraid to run from MC a bit after blows to allow my weapon to get back up to full power. 5 units of speed isn't great compared to 9, but it still reduces MC's net closing speed to 4. Be ready to quickly go from matador to bull.

4. Drive smart, avoid hazards, use the arena to my advantage, give myself time to spin up, and then stay aggressive. Each hit should do very serious damage and reduce MC's functionality, scoring a KO before long.

GL Syl
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Yeah, i think i'm fucked here.

Go in guns-blazing, don't let them get to full speed and kick it into maximum overdrive. Tank as much hits as i (humanly) can, keep my front facing towards them at all times, and angle in. Try to flip them around the arena--preferrably into the hazards, and get them stuck on a wall. Not much strategy here, but then again, i don't think Alex has much strategy here either. :v:

Try to get them smothered on a wall, and whatnot. And hazard-bait them if i have to. This deathspinner opponent is dumb.

Keep the odds in my favor, this match in my control, don't get too cocky, play it wise, and watch for shenanigans, and monkey business, and avoid the hazards when necessary.

Good Luck&#33;
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017