The Magpie Effect vs Glitch

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Jamied666

Post by Jamied666 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:32 pm

TME: Speed:7 Traction:5 Torque:1 Weapon:13 Armour:5 (+1 Drum)
Glitch VS: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 / Armor: 5 (+1 lifter arm and weapon)

-Alright so if Gabe isnt going for my wedge, start normally and get away while i spin up and then gyro around and into him, angle into his skids and go in for some hits. Once his skids are bent stop angling in and just go full charge at him.

-If he has to self right go for him and keep the hits coming and don't let up.

-If he tries to bait me don't go for it and wait him out, also if he does any pressing stuff angle in and keep those hits going.

-If Gabe is trying to go for my wedge start inverted (TME can drive inverted due to the supports) and go in for some hits and try get to those weak spots, if its not working well gyro over and angle into the skids.

Avoid the hazards and any bad driving, good luck!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Glitch: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 / Weapon: 1 (Lifter) / Armor: 5 (+1 lifter arm and weapon)

ME: Speed:7 Traction:5 Torque:1 Weapon:13 Armour:5 (+1 Drum)

<hr />

So we're entirely even on weapon stats, but I have one advantage that he sorely lacks... <del>zeppelins&#33;</del> a weapon that hits in front of my wedge. this means that even if I don't get under, I'm still going to be dealing... ohh... KO LEVEL DAMAGE to his wedge as I ride up it (+10 on it, when +6 is a 1HKO under these rules). I have another advantage here in that my area of impact is smaller than his: all things being equal, when two verts of equal stats go at each other, the thinner one wins due to the impact being focused on a smaller area. so even if I don't get under him and ride up his wedge, I have the advantage, since I'll be doing massive damage to his wedge - and if that doesn't convince you, my spinner will also hit his spinner before my wedges do, AND i'll only be hitting a portion of his drum, letting me transfer the hit far more efficiently than he'll be able to.

also he only has a point of speed on me so I'm not worried about him effectively flanking me, especially since my 4WD will let me resist gyro better than his 2WD way in the back with a massive drum up front will let him.

that being said, the only reason I don't press is if I see him trying to go for my sides - whenever we're going for a head-on collision, I should press - because if I get underneath him even once, it's definitely all over for him with the amount of damage I'm doing.

with all this in mind I can play hella passive as long as he's willing to approach me, and just focus on setting up a situation where I can press to get under his wedge. if he's camping for some weird reason, that just makes it even easier for me to line up the approach lol. be hyper vigilant against him angling in - his control is not great, so its something I can take advantage of.

also if I get flipped don't try to self right, just smack him inverted, that'll right me :P

it really comes down to whoever gets the first hit in, and I hit him even if he gets under me.

GL
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122