Klarinette vs Dreadnought MK 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:31 am

- One thing to note here is that he does have a traction disparity. Whilst that is only a one point difference, it'll still impact him somewhat in terms of control compared to my 7:7. He has very high armour, much like myself, so a KO doesn't seem possible to happen at this stage unless through great strategy or dumb luck on either teams part. I believe we have the same torque, but I just hope my tracks will give me the edge in terms of pushing Another thing to note is that front wedge is hinged but it's ability to wedge someone is spread across, plus there's nowhere in his stats that indicates he has any suspension to raise and lower that front. This is great news for me, when pressing the scoop I should be able to get underneath most of the time.

- Aim to come out hot at him and watch his movements. If he comes headlong at me, great. All I'd need to do is just press the scoop to get that wedge advantage. If he tries to flank whilst the scoop is pressed, stop pressing a little and spin to face. Alternatively if he tries to flank and scoop is not press, simply use my better control to face him then press before he has a shot at me.

- Once underneath, aim to lift up and push forward, giving him limited options to escape, save turning himself over. Take him on a tour of the hazards, the pulverizers would be the best bet for damage and try to hold him there for the full 30 seconds, before backing off and diving underneath him once again and resending him to the hammers.

- Another tactic I could try is to lift him up and push as usual, but with his wheels not gaining sufficient purchase, take him to the killsaws and hold his base over it for as long as I'm allowed and try to shred up those wheels, with no wheels = KO. If I'm lucky we'll get the KO, or give him limited movement, thus opening the door for more attacks

- Failing those, settle for rams, slams and my patented pin to milk the clock. If he gets underneath me, quickly j hook and escape. Keep my front facing him at all times and avoid the hazards unless I'm shoving him into them. Don't fall for any hazard baiting tactics either.

GL

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Klarinette has loads of traction and that tough lifter to make frontal attacks a nightmare, but the pressing only works directly at the front (when he does, his corners and sides become much more vulnerable to being wedged under) and we're equal in drive besides traction, so I'll be able to escape from being wedged under more often than not thanks to my exposed wheels always having purchase.

Keeping that in mind, move out quickly and feint an approach to his corners to start with. Knowing Lian, he'll most likely press the wedge and turn in toward me to counter this
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."