Highland Fling vs Dock Leaf 2

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Hmm... This is tough to write a decently sized strategy for, really. Just start the fight by spinning up, spin up when feasible to do so, then attack with the skirts. However, after a collision where both of us lose momentum, I might attempt to shunt them into a nearby hazard instead of spinning up again, try to catch them off guard. Aside from that scenario, keep my distance if possible, and try to keep up to speed at all times.
Last edited by Trihunter on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:31 am

Firstly, my opponent. Highland Fling is a hexagon. Therefore, I would assume he wouldn't get much bite. Writer's discretion and all that.

Secondly, my strategy. Start with the speed control on (so Speed=8), meaning I can drive around relatively normally. Try and box rush him, I should be able to take a few hits. When he stops, un-speed control, giving me full speed of 13 to smash into his sides, and then spin up and go melty. I should spin up quicker, due to my higher traction. Then try and beat him to a pulp. When/if he spins up, go back to normal (speed control and unmelty) and box rush.

Attempt to push him into hazards, yada yada, don't do anything stupid.