Boring Brown Wedge vs Incredible Dawg Adventure

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:16 pm

First time doing one of these, let me know if I've cocked it up anywhere.

It's unlikely that I will be able to get under the No Fun Lifter if it's used, so I'll try and get around the sides and back if possible. Just keep up aggression as much as possible, letting the hazards do the damage for me. No waiting around, straight under as quickly as possible, don't give them time to prepare. Keep up the pressure, even if I'm flipped. Monstertruck them if I get stuck under them, preferably getting off of the flipper panel before they launch. Avoid the hazards as much as possible, and try not to get attacked from the side myself.

Good luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:10 am

The main thing I want to do here is clamp his bot with the orange lifter (which is a lifter and not a pneumatic flipper, mind you), not the breaker box one. That way I can lift his wheels up and negate any reversing/counter-pushing he might try. I can also bring the other lifter down on his wheels to try and keep them from moving at all. This works either way up too.

Go on the aggressive, try to sike him out so I can get at those corners. If I get under, that's great. I get to clamp him and position his wheels (specifically his wheels) over the killsaws. Idk how powerful those things are, but I'm not about to bring him to the pulverizers when my lifter is immediately in front of him in any case. :v:

He has basically no way of controlling my bot aside from "push opponent forward" like some kind of D2 kitbot wedge, along with having less torque than I do, so there's that. If he gets under, I can reasonably just monstertruck off his wedge by using it like a ramp. Don't drive into any hazards though because that would be dumb. :headache:

gl hf :dawg: :dawg: :dawg:

ps I like how this bot's name shortens to "BBW"