Noothgrush vs Quarter to Nine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Killjoy

Post by Killjoy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:16 am

He'll probably go with his clamp configuration, which has a lot of armour. I can still do three corner damage to it, which is like five flat surface damage, since he has plenty of nice, juicy corners. His control also isn't great, so countering Noothgrush strafing to his corners isn't going to work so well for him methinks. I'll spin up, head out, then utilize side-to-side motion to make his clamp miss and gouge his corners. I'll keep doing this. With only one more speed than I have, he'll struggle a lot to corner and stall Noothgrush. I'm not ashamed to run for a moment to buy myself time to spin up. Then I'll go right back on the offensive. If I get clamped, I get clamped. It'll last for thirty seconds at the most. For the entire duration, play loud, angry music and glare at Mole55 until he lets poor Noothgrush down. Then run, spin up again, and kill his bot to itty-bitty pieces.

Good luck!
hi. :)

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Noothgrush.

Quite obviously, I'm going with the lifter configuration.

Immediately get across the arena and whack Noothgrush into the wall. Once stopped, try and lift it. This will angle the robot in such a way that all the pads are off the ground, so I can just push them. Then, clamp, and drag Noothgrush over to the low wall, and try and either strand them or dump them out of the arena.

If they break out, just ram them into the wall again.

TL;DR Spinner-killing + grab'n'lift