Water Strider vs. Sucker Punch

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:07 pm

I'll be careful to face Sucker Punch head on at all times. In weapon-to-weapon contact, we'll both be knocked back but I'll recover faster with 4 wheels and immediately go for his rear or side. SP has some ground clearance that I can exploit to go for its wheels: those are my #1 target. But if it's recovered, stay squared up to it, keep pretty close so it can't juke around me, and don't risk exposing my sides. Attack head on if SP won't. Rinse and repeat until one of us isn't moving any more. Good luck, ACCount!

ACCount

Post by ACCount » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:21 pm

<table><thead><tr><th colspan="5">Water Strider vs. Sucker Punch</th></tr></thead><tr><td>Water Strider
4WD
Horizontal spinner (undercutter)</td><td>Weapon: 12
Speed: 6
Torque: 1
Armor: 7
Traction: 4</td><td>VS</td><td>Sucker Punch
2WD
Ramming bar + vertical spinner</td><td>Weapon: 10 (7+7 dual weapon)
Speed: 6
Torque: 2
Armor: 7
Traction: 5</td></tr></table>

RP: (457 chars)
<hr />Start facing WS with rear wedge. Avoid contact until my spinner is at full power. Make a lot of turns to leverage my better drivetrain. When I'll spun up, turn around, aim carefully at a wheel pod (weak point, my combo weapon is +7 on them) and fire the spinner-bar. Repeat until the end. Watch out for killsaws.

If my spinner is dead, or WS is too close, fire my wedge side at wheel pods to keep it off-balance. Try to kick it into arena hazards that way.
<hr />Good luck, and may the best bot win.